Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||This is an overview article which contains background information and cross-game comparisons. For game-specific information and stats, see the articles linked on the right.|
In general, a hunting rifle is any high-caliber long-range rifle designed for hunting medium game. They are a little less effective as military sniper rifles, but will more than make up for a decrease in performance through an increase in availability.
.223 Colt RangemasterEdit
.32 hunting rifleEdit
A bolt-action rifle designed for hunting animals, chambered in the common .32 caliber round. This model oddly does not appear to have any iron sights.
- For the unique version found in Fallout 3, see: Ol' Painless
- For other versions in Fallout Shelter, see: rusty hunting rifle, enhanced hunting rifle, hardened hunting rifle and armor piercing hunting rifle
- For the unique version found in Fallout Shelter, see: Ol' Painless
.308 hunting rifleEdit
Bolt-action rifle similar to .32 hunting rifle, but chambered in .308 improving its damage when compared to the .32 model.
- For the NPC version found in Fallout: New Vegas, see: Boone's scoped hunting rifle.
- For the unique version added by Gun Runners' Arsenal, see: Paciencia.
9mm hunting rifleEdit
|The following is based on Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
A much better rifle than the home-made variety, the Hunting Rifle is great for picking off a faraway target that isn't likely to realize it's being shot at.
|The following is based on Fallout Extreme and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
A rifle used for hunting wildlife. It was to appear in the game, and could be used.
Behind the scenesEdit
- According to the Fallout demo, the Colt Rangemaster's item name was originally going to be "semi auto rifle".
- The weapon model in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas was created by Liquid Development.