| ||For the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon, see Hunting revolver (GRA).|
The hunting revolver is a large, double-action revolver that fires .45-70 Gov't ammunition. It does a significant amount of damage and comes with a scope as standard, versus requiring a modification. The hunting revolver scope has decent magnification at 2.46x. Its base damage of 58 is the second highest of any non-energy pistol, and is surpassed only by the Ranger Sequoia, which has a base Damage of 62.
The weapon has few drawbacks from a combat standpoint such as the low durability compared to other revolvers. However, from a tactical standpoint, .45-70 Gov't rounds are quite scarce with weapon vendors selling very small quantities of said rounds at very high prices.
Despite being a one-handed revolver, the hunting revolver is not a holdout weapon, meaning that, even at a Sneak skill of 100, it will not pass a search when entering a weapon-free location, such as a casino.
The hunting revolver can fire a total of about 545 standard rounds, the equivalent of 109 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard & HP||545||109|
- Ranger Sequoia - a rare, more powerful, yet less valuable non-scoped version of the hunting revolver used by NCR Veteran Rangers.
- Hunting revolver (GRA) - a customizable variant added with the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Hunting revolver With all weapon mods attached||58||87||1.5||x1||58||31||1.9||0.2||6||545||4||6000||1500||75||6|
- Black Mountain - next to a gore bag located on a cliff edge overlooking the road halfway up the mountain.
- Bloodborne cave - one hunting revolver and 20 rounds of .45-70 Gov't ammunition can be found in the cave, near the campfire.
- Freeside - Orris carries one during the quest G.I. Blues.
- Gun Runners - can be bought from Vendortron, if the player is level 16.
- NCR Ranger safehouse - on the shelves to the right of the ammo press.
- Red Rock Canyon - several may be found on Great Khans.
- REPCONN test site - tucked between a corpse and the wall, next to the safe with the two Stealth Boys, in one of the second floor locked (easy) storage rooms.
- Given as a reward during the quest Bleed Me Dry.
- Lobotomites sometimes carry them, especially if the player is level 40 or above.
- It can be sold at the Great Khan armory.
- White Legs tribals may carry them at higher levels.
On the base of the hand grip, a generic serial number 05709234 is stamped into the metal.
Behind the scenesEdit
PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have a hunting revolver equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again. [verified]