| ||For the Gun Runners' Arsenal version of this weapon, see Hunting revolver (GRA).|
The hunting revolver is a large, double-action revolver that fires .45-70 Gov't ammunition. It does significantly more damage in comparison to the .44 magnum revolver and comes with a scope as standard, versus requiring a modification as with the .44 magnum. The hunting revolver scope also offers more powerful magnification at 2.46x, compared to the 1.86x magnification for the .44 magnum scope. Its high base damage is second only to the Ranger Sequoia when compared with other single-handed guns.
Despite being a one-handed revolver, the hunting revolver is not a holdout weapon, meaning that, even at a Sneak skill of 100, it will not pass a search when entering a weapon-free location, such as a casino, where you are asked to turn over your weapons.
The hunting revolver can fire a total of about 545 standard rounds, the equivalent of 109 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard & HP||545||109|
- Ranger Sequoia - a rare, more powerful, yet less valuable non-scoped version of the hunting revolver used by NCR Veteran Rangers.
- Hunting revolver (GRA) Gun Runners' Arsenal - a customizable variant added with the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Hunting revolver fnvgra||58||87||1.5||x1||58||31||1.9||0.35||5||545||4||3500||875||75||6|
|Hunting revolver With all weapon mods attached fnvgra||58||87||1.5||x1||58||31||1.9||0.2||6||545||4||6000||1500||75||6|
- Black Mountain - next to a gore bag located on a cliff edge overlooking the road halfway up the mountain.
- Bloodborne cave - one hunting revolver and 20 rounds of .45-70 Gov't ammunition can be found in the cave, near the campfire.
- Freeside - Orris carries one during the quest G.I. Blues.
- Gun Runners - can be bought from Vendortron, if the player is level 16.
- NCR Ranger safehouse - on the shelves to the right of the ammo press.
- Red Rock Canyon - several may be found on Great Khans.
- REPCONN test site - tucked between a corpse and the wall, next to a safe, in one of the second floor locked (easy) storage rooms.
- Given as a reward during the quest Bleed Me Dry.
- Old World Blues (add-on) Lobotomites sometimes carry them, especially if the player is level 40 or above.
- It can be sold at the Great Khan armory.
- Honest Hearts White Legs tribals may carry them at higher levels.
On the base on the hand grip, a generic serial number 05709234 is stamped into the metal.
Behind the scenesEdit
pc ps3 xbox360 If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have a hunting revolver equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again. [verified]