- Hot plates can be used as Rock-It Launcher ammunition.
- This is a different item from the electric hot plate in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Dead Money and Old World Blues, which allows you to craft items in the same manner as a campfire in the main game.
- A hot plate is needed to craft a super-heated cosmic knife.
- With Old World Blues add-on installed, this item can be given to the Toaster and broken down into three microfusion cells and five energy cells.
- Hot plates can be found throughout the Capital Wasteland and Mojave Wasteland, usually in laboratories or other places that house scientific equipment.
- A number of hot plates come with Science theme when purchased for your house.
- Hot plates can often be purchased from vendors who carry junk items, such as Crazy Wolfgang and Moira Brown.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- 3 in the broc flower cave
- 3 in the Searchlight NCR storage
- 3 in the Ultra-Luxe kitchen
- 3 in the Hoover Dam offices
- A hot plate can be found in the Mormon Fort tower where Julie Farkas sleeps, on a table with other lab equipment.
- A hot plate can be found in Daisy Whitman's motel room Novac.
- Dead Money A total of 4 hot plates can be found in or around the Sierra Madre. Their locations are: two on the Casino Suites level, one in the Villa Police Station, and one in the Puesta del Sol switching station.
- Like many other junk items, a giant version can be found among the shelves of the Museum of Dave in the Republic of Dave. The hot plate must be stolen though.
- Hot plates are generally used in science experiments as a container to boil or provide a source of chemical reaction to other chemicals or objects alike.