Honey mesquite pod
Honey mesquite pod (left) and honey mesquite plant (right)
The honey mesquite pod is a consumable item in Fallout: New Vegas. Many of the trees that grow these pods can be found around the Powder Ganger camp north. There are also a few trees within and around the windy desert area near Nipton Road Pit Stop, but one must beware of the many radscorpions that reside there. The greenhouses found at the NCR Sharecropper Farms contain numerous trees.
The honey mesquite pod grows on a short tree with willow-like branches. Trees with pickable pods will appear bushier in foliage and have strings of pods on them, resembling a fern pattern. Pods can be eaten or used in recipes. Like all other Mojave Wasteland plants, ripe Honey Mesquite trees found in the wasteland will eventually regrow after being picked by the player, making them an unlimited supply of free food.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+1 Hit Point for 4s||-12 Dehydration , -12 Starvation|
|20||+1 Hit Point for 4s||-14 Dehydration , -14 Starvation|
|30||+1 Hit Point for 4s||-16 Dehydration , -16 Starvation|
|40||+1 Hit Point for 4s||-18 Dehydration , -18 Starvation|
|50||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-20 Dehydration , -20 Starvation|
|60||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-22 Dehydration , -22 Starvation|
|70||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-24 Dehydration , -24 Starvation|
|80||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-26 Dehydration , -26 Starvation|
|90||+2 Hit Point for 4s||-28 Dehydration , -28 Starvation|
|100||+3 Hit Point for 4s||-30 Dehydration , -30 Starvation|
- 10 can be stolen from Westside Co-op.
- The road from Griffin Wares sacked caravan to Jacobstown going past Silver Peak Mine and Ruby Hill Mine has at least 3-4 trees.
- Powder Ganger camp north
- Nipton Road Pit Stop - within the windy area with the radscorpions
- NCR Sharecropper Farms - In the greenhouses
- Jacobstown and Ranger station Foxtrot East of the road up the mountain to Jacobstown. A lot of xander root too.
- El Dorado Dry Lake - in the area around it
- Westside - south of Miguel's Pawn Shop in large quantities also with banana yucca fruit, and coyote tobacco chew
- Mojave Outpost - In the Barracks, several can be found on the shelf behind the bar
- Honest HeartsA massive amount of honey mesquite pod can be found growing in Zion Canyon.
- Westside West Entrance, in a planter box, along with banana yucca fruit, barrel cactus fruit, and maize, however the maize cannot be picked, for some reason.
- South of the Northern Passage, just outside of New Vegas at the unmarked Jackal gang member encampment where two Jackal gang members reside in a shack with a campfire, there is one honey mesquite plant nearby.
- Old World Blues (add-on) One can be acquired every 3 in-game days after the completion of Field Research, once you have upgraded the Biological research station.
Behind the scenesEdit
The honey mesquite tree is a real plant native to the American Southwest and Mexico.