They call me Honest Dan for a reason. That's exactly half of what Stockton agreed to pay me. Not one cap more, not one cap less.”
Honest Dan works for Old Man Stockton in 2287. During this time a caravan goes missing near a settlement called Covenant - among that caravan was Stockton's "daughter" Amelia Stockton. Stockton sends Honest Dan to the settlement to try and find the missing crew, but is met with the town denying that the caravan passed through.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Human Error - Honest Dan will ask the player to help investigate a missing caravan.
- Honest Dan appears to not know that Amelia is really a synth.
- After completion of Human Error, in his favor, he will disappear from the game.
Honest Dan appears only in Fallout 4.
- pc ps4 xboxone Honest Dan will disappear if one finishes the main quest first. However, you can still obtain Covenant as a settlement by killing everyone inside excluding Deezer and the cats. [verified]
- pc ps4 xboxone Honest Dan may turn hostile when entering the compound for no reason. Quest advances in incorrect order. This is likely due to the player wearing a power armor helmet equipped with the targeting HUD mod. A nearly identical situation occurs if one enters Virgil's cave under similar conditions. In that case, removing the helmet prior to entering and for the duration of the player's time in the compound appears to resolve this issue.[verified]
- pc xboxone ps4 If the main quest is complete, and one has not yet visited Covenant or the Compound, all NPCs will be friendly, regardless of the faction with which the Sole Survivor has sided with.[verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.