The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Honest Dan works for Old Man Stockton in 2287. During this time a caravan goes missing near a settlement called Covenant - among that caravan was Stockton's "daughter" Amelia Stockton. Stockton sends Honest Dan to the settlement to try and find missing crew, but is met with the town not knowing a single thing.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Human Error - Honest Dan will ask the player to help investigate a missing caravan.
- Honest Dan appears to not know that Amelia is really a synth.
- After completion of Human Error, and in his favour, he will disappear from the game.
Honest Dan appears only in Fallout 4.
- pc ps4 xboxone Honest Dan will disappear if you finished the main quest first (PS4: fixed with update 1.2.37).[verified] However, you can still obtain Covenant as a settlement by killing everyone inside excluding Deezer and the cats.
- pc ps4 xboxone Honest Dan might turn hostile when entering the compound for no reason. Quest advances in incorrect order. This is likely due to the player wearing a power armor helmet equipped with the Targeting Mod. A nearly identical situation occurs if the player enters Virgil's cave under similar conditions. In that case, removing the helmet prior to entering and for the duration of the player's time in the compound appears to resolve this issue.[verified]
- pc xboxone ps4 If the main Quest is complete, and the player has not yet visited Covenant or the Compound, all NPCs will be friendly, regardless of the faction with which the Sole Survivor has sided.[verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.