The Homestead Motel is an average sea-side motel with 72 channels on the TVs and free air conditioning. This normal, run-of-the-mill motel once offered fancy rooms at affordable prices in order to accommodate tourists visiting Point Lookout. One of the rooms, 1D, was the safehouse of Dr. Jiang, a Chinese agent pretending to defect to the US. All of the rooms, excluding 1K, are good places to stay during your vacation to Point Lookout.
The exterior of the motel complex is a square shaped area with the entrances to rooms on both sides of the building, only 4 rooms are enterable as the other rooms are boarded up. The exterior may have 2-3 vicious dogs and maybe another small creature in the immediate area. The dogs often patrol the dirt square inside the motel grounds.
Homestead Motel officeEdit
This section is on the outer southside of the motel grounds. The motel has a backroom, an area behind the counter, as well as a unisex bathroom to the right upon entering the door. There are no beds in this room. The keys to the other rooms can be found here.
This section is the safehouse of Dr. Jiang and contains a bed as well as Dr. Jiang's safehouse terminal (to the left of the bed), with a message. Upon reading it, the quest The Velvet Curtain will begin. On the bed is a skeleton, which is assumed to be Dr. Jiang.
This room is located in the inner northside of the motel grounds and is to the right of Room 1D. It is a relatively ordinary room in the motel with no distinguishing physical features. It contains a bed.
It seems that the dead bodies in the room are the remains of two bank robbers that robbed the People's Bank of Point Lookout. Their skeletons' opposing positions, the sawed-off shotguns in their hands, and the presence of a large amount of pre-War money suggests that the two robbers got into a dispute over the money and killed each other.
When you log on the terminal in the bank, you will get the information that it's "payday" again and a lot of cash is being held at the bank. Therefore, additional security was ordered to guard the money. However, you can't find much pre-War money at the bank itself but a lot of it in Room 1G. Probably also the reason why you can find so many skeletons in the bank, a bloody handprint behind the counter, as well as a dead police officer next to the door (the one wearing a police hat and carrying a .32 pistol). The presumptive bank robbers made sure that no eyewitnesses will tell anybody what happened.
A place of ritual sacrifice. This room is located on the outer northside of the motel grounds, and appears to have been part of some very bloody, and judging by the steam in the room, very hot ritual. There are crucified corpses in the room, as well as several skeletons, laid out in a way reminiscent of the many bony totems dotted around swampfolk territory. The mask in the bathroom's bathtub implies this was a site rented by the Pint-Sized Slasher. It is possible that this is the series of murders that one of the old newspapers references.
- Homestead room 1K key - Found on the counter in the motel office by the register, room 1G key by the TV in the room behind the counter.
- The locker key belonging to Dr. Jiang can be in the luggage case on the bed, right next to his remains.
- Cryptochromatic spectacles can be found in the toilet tank in the bathroom.
- A Stealth Boy can be found right next to the safehouse terminal.
- Contact tape - a holodisk downloaded from the terminal.
- Sequence note - aviary spy bunker - holotape coming from reading the terminal after returning from the SSN-37-1A.
- 24 total pre-War money: 11 on the floor, bed, bathroom floor and 13 in the suitcase in the bathroom.
- Pint-Sized Slasher mask is in the bathtub-one of only two located in the game, the other being in Tranquility Lane.
- Rooms 1D, 1G, and 1K can be used as a house. Each room has a bed that can be used and containers that do not respawn.
- All enterable rooms have a lit storm lantern next to the door.
- Humorously, part of the sign outside the motel says 'Free Breakfast' and points to a dead mole rat lying on the ground.
Behind the scenesEdit
There is an actual hotel called the Homestead in Maryland.