| ||For an overview of Nuka-Cola soda in the Fallout series of games, see Nuka-Cola.|
The ingredients of Nuka-Cola consists of: carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, citric acid, and caffeine. What gives it the unique flavor is the essence of seventeen different fruits mixed in just the right proportion to give the beverage its trademark taste. Some versions of the drink also include vita-minerals and health tonics. During the Great Passion Fruit Famine of 2044, people actually noticed the taste difference when the recipe was changed.
Nuka-Cola was the most popular flavored soft drink in the United States before the Great War. After the War, Nuka-Cola remains one of the most popular soft drinks of the post-nuclear world, as much of it was preserved in a fairly pristine state, although it tends to be warm, irradiated, and flat.
Nuka-Cola was the most common form of drink in Fallout 3, however in Fallout: New Vegas, it is far less common compared to Sunset Sarsaparilla. Sunset Sarsaparilla is somewhat more useful because it does not contain any radiation.
While playing Hardcore mode, Nuka-Cola will dehydrate the Courier as well as giving him/her some energy to fend off sleep deprivation, which is notable as soda dehydration is a myth in real life. The drink will still heal you as well. When not playing Hardcore mode, Nuka-Cola provides +2 (25s) HP, +3 Rads, & 1 bottle cap.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+2 Hit Point for 25s||+12 Dehydration , -18 Sleep|
|20||+2 Hit Point for 25s||+14 Dehydration , -21 Sleep|
|30||+3 Hit Point for 25s||+16 Dehydration , -24 Sleep|
|40||+3 Hit Point for 25s||+18 Dehydration , -27 Sleep|
|50||+4 Hit Point for 25s||+20 Dehydration , -30 Sleep|
|60||+4 Hit Point for 25s||+22 Dehydration , -33 Sleep|
|70||+4 Hit Point for 25s||+24 Dehydration , -36 Sleep|
|80||+5 Hit Point for 25s||+26 Dehydration , -39 Sleep|
|90||+5 Hit Point for 25s||+28 Dehydration , -42 Sleep|
|100||+6 Hit Point for 25s||+30 Dehydration , -45 Sleep|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
bottle cap (1)
Honest Hearts add-on
Home-brewed Nuka-Cola (1)
- Five Nuka-Colas can be found on tables in the Lucky 38 presidential suite.
- Michelle Kerr at the 188 trading post often has up to 10 Nuka-Colas in stock at any given time.
- Various vending machines around the Mojave dispense Nuka-Cola.
- Up to 5 at a time may be sold by the street vendor outside of the Las Vegas Boulevard station on The Strip.
- Honest Hearts 5 can be found in the Zion General Store.
- Also sold by:
- Klamath Bob at Klamath Bob's liquor store in Westside
- Lacey in the Mojave Outpost barracks at the Mojave outpost
- Boomer chefs in the mess hall & munitions storage (by Nellis hangars) at Nellis Air Force Base
- James Garret & Francine Garret at the Atomic Wrangler casino in Freeside
- Calamity at the Jacobstown lodge in Jacobstown
- You keep the bottle cap after drinking the soda.
- Festus incorrectly states that before the invention of Sunset Sarsaparilla, the only thing people could drink is Nuka-Cola. Nuka-Cola was invented much after Sunset Sarsaparilla (as indicated by the establishment of Sunset Sarsaparilla in front of its HQ in Las Vegas).
Behind the scenesEdit
- During the 2008 E3 as a promotional item, people were given a real drinkable version of Nuka-Cola. It greatly resembles the 1950s look of the Coca-Cola brand bottles.
- The name of the Nuka-Cola creator, John Caleb-Bradberton, is an amalgamation of the inventors of Coca-Cola (John Pemberton) and Pepsi-Cola (Caleb Bradham).
- Its logos, bottle designs, market crash, and even its name are heavily based on Coca-Cola.