| ||For the junk item appearing in Fallout 4, see Home plate (item).|
As Geneva explains when purchasing the property, the previous owner bought an adjacent warehouse and knocked down a few walls, so it is bigger than most. It is situated within the central market area between Diamond City Surplus and Chem-I-Care.
On the ground floor entered via a blue door is the old warehouse area with concrete block and wooden panel walls. A bare concrete floor is covered by a tin roof. A series of metal posts runs through the middle of the room. This area is initially filled with various junk items including a broken and empty Nuka-Cola machine, an old couch, traffic cones, various small containers including a steamer trunk and a lot of miscellaneous junk items for scrapping. There is a fairly large amount of cinder blocks lining the perimeter on the bottom floor.
Moving through an opening, the original living area has a bare wooden floor with a mix of sheet tin and concrete blocks used for the walls. There is no furniture apart from the workshop (limited functionality) and a fusebox providing power.
A metal ladder leads to the roof (exiting the building cell) opening into an empty old trailer with two torn cloth covers providing some shade. The roof itself is sparsely furnished with a chair, old bath tub, barbecue and a dog house. Part of the roof is on a slightly lower level, down a short wooden staircase. The roof space is not covered by the workshop and items cannot be removed or placed here.
There is a power armor station situated outside the red door which is one of the work stations located in the marketplace for use from the house which only has a limited range of craftable items available via the workshop inside.
- The resources can't be linked by supply lines like in settlements.
- Home Plate comes with lighting preinstalled.
- Having Nick Valentine as a companion when first moving into Home Plate may prompt him to tell a story about when he first moved into Diamond City.
- Despite having ownership of the house, taking items out of the mailbox counts as stealing.
- Unlike settlements, companions cannot be sent here when dismissing them.
- Purchasing the property provides a new fast travel point just inside the home, by the blue door.
Home Plate only appears in Fallout 4.
- xboxone ps4 Sometimes if you fast travel to home plate, the map marker will incorrectly display your current location as the Ticonderoga Safehouse. [verified]
- xboxone Sometimes, if you scrap the bed that comes with home plate, you will never be able to get the Well Rested perk again.[verification needed]