| || For an overview of all grenades, see Hand grenades.|
For an overview of other fragmentation grenades, see Fragmentation grenades.
For the grenade from Fallout 2, see Holy Hand Grenade.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
In appearance they look similar to a normal frag grenade, with the exception of a white cross painted on the side. When detonated, rather than a normal frag grenade explosion, Holy Frag Grenades explode in a manner similar to a mini nuke. There will also be radiation in the area it detonated.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Area of effect damage||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Holy Frag Grenade||1||522.4||800||0.65||x1||0||24||33.4||0.0||1||20||0.5||500||1000||0||2|
fnvww The only three Holy Frag Grenades are located in the basement of the church in the eastern part of Camp Searchlight, guarded by two golden geckos. It will only be available to players that have the Wild Wasteland trait. Players without the trait will find two mini nukes in the location instead. If the player originally did not choose the Wild Wasteland trait, but switched to it using the Auto-Doc in Old World Blues before taking the mini nukes, then the Holy Frag Grenades can still be obtained.
- Characters with Loose Cannon may be unable to escape the blast, even if thrown the furthest possible distance. This becomes particularly problematic when combined with Splash Damage.
- When thrown, the grenade no longer has the white cross on it and looks like a normal frag grenade.
- Due to the grenade's high damage, if you are not killed in the blast, your armor may break or become so damaged its DT is negligible.
- The blast radius will surely turn any passive creature that survives the blast hostile, even with the Animal Friend perk, this can be used to the player's advantage to flush out enemies at long range to clear fast travel restrictions.
- Despite being a unique, more powerful version of frag grenade, Holy Frag Grenades are not considered a holdout weapon
- When taking into account reload times, it has the highest DPS of any explosive weapon.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Holy Frag Grenade is a reference to the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" which was featured in cult comedy film Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The writing on the box next to the grenades is also a reference to a line in the film.
- The Holy Hand Grenade also appeared in Fallout 2, with a special encounter built around the grenade and further references to the film.
- pc ps3 xbox360 If dropped, the Holy Frag Grenade may be stuck where it is dropped. While they can be picked back up, the player cannot freely position them for display. [verified]
- pc In the first seconds after loading the game and the Courier had the Holy Frag Grenade equipped, the blast of the Holy Frag Grenade may not do any damage to the Courier, followers or NPCs, but there will be radiation on the place where the Holy Frag Grenade exploded. Damage from hitting the person will also be taken in account. [verified]