| ||For the hollowed-out rock that appear in Fallout 3, see Hollowed-out rock (Fallout 3).|
Hollowed-out rock near Chance's Map
Hollowed-out rocks are rocks that have been hollowed out and have items stored in them. They are found in the Mojave Wasteland.
- Northern Passage: On the eastern rock wall, near the grave and "The Sun Is Killing Me" graffiti.
- Ruby Hill Mine: Part of the rock wall, just to the right of the door.
- Charleston Cave: Part of the rock wall, just to the right of the door, by the heart graffiti.
- Silver Peak Mine: Part of the wall, just to the right of the shack through which you enter.
- Vault 22: On the north bank, across from the "Keep Out" sign, by the entrance.
- Jacobstown: Just outside the perimeter, to the right of the main entrance, where the super mutants stand guard. By the heart graffiti.
- Remnants Bunker: About 10 feet north of the entrance, part of the rock wall.
- Chance's Map: Adjacent to the dirt map, with "The Sun Is Killing Me" graffiti on it.
- Bloodborne Cave: Just to the right of the cave entrance.
- Cannibal Johnson's Cave: Just to the right of the cave entrance.
- Fisherman's Pride Shack: By the campfire, north-west of the shack.
- Camp Guardian: Next to the Camp Guardian population sign, at the base of the path up to Guardian Peak.
- Follower's Outpost: Built into the steps of the signal box structure.
- Boulder Beach Campground: By the side of the road, north-west of the jetties, with "The Sun Is Killing Me" graffiti.
- Cazador Nest: Part of the rock wall, on the east side of the nest alcove, facing back towards the alcove.
- Tribal Village: At the start of the Ravine Path, close to the corpses and tents.
- Makeshift Great Khan Camp: On the west side of camp, near the desert plants.
- Yangtze Memorial: At the base of the south steps, with the peace symbol graffiti.
- Goodsprings Cave: Just to the right of the cave entrance.
- Primm: Attached to a large rock, near the scattered chems and the rock perimeter, above the concrete support wall.
- Jack Rabbit springs: South of the pools of radiation, on the shore of the Dry Lake.
- Morning Star Cavern: By the entrance to the cavern, by the bones and the explosive crate.
- Crescent Canyon West: In the canyon, on the west exit slope, adjacent to a rusting car husk.
- Crescent Canyon East: On the east exist slope, just after the rail bridge.
- Vault 11: Just to the right of the entrance.
- Black Rock cavern: Just to the north of the fallen radar dish. Directly east from the cave entrance.
- El Dorado Dry Lake: West of the Savaged brahmin, in the sands of the Dry Lake.
- Hidden Valley: West of the eastern bunker, with the "no missile" and heart graffiti. You may spawn in front of it when fast traveling to the location.
- Powder Ganger Camp East: Next to a Honey Mesquite Tree, around 20 to 30 feet south of the camp.
- Primm Pass: Close to the brahmin bones, on the western end of the pass.
- Dead Wind Cavern: On the south rock wall slope, around 20 to 30 feet from the entrance.
- Hidden Supply Cave: To the left of the cave entrance, with the "no missile" graffiti.
- Walking Box Cavern: Around 20 to 30 feet east of the cavern entrance.
- Broc Flower Cave: At the foot of the entrance slope, with "The Sun Is Killing Me" graffiti.
- Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker: With the small cluster of rocks and shale on the slope leading up to the bunker grating.
- Techatticup Mine: To the right of the entrance, with the white blocks graffiti.
- Lucky Jim Mine: Slightly beyond the shack, near the wooden cart.
- Searchlight North Gold Mine: On the flat rock bank to the south of the entrance hole.
- Searchlight East Gold Mine: Southeast of the entrance; climb on the pile of rock and shale to reach it.
- Cottonwood Cove: On the road between the two sets of crucifixion poles, with "The Sun Is Killing Me" graffiti.
- Bradley's Shack: On the west side of the entrance, by the small valley landslide.
- Fire Root Cavern: At the foot of the entrance slope, on the left.
- Hidden Supply Cave: Just outside the door.
- These rocks are much easier to spot with Rex's Search and Mark perk, which highlights any container with usable items inside (i.e. Nuka-Cola, ammunition, etc.). If you don't have Rex, you can still identify them by the symbols marked on them. Some rocks will have nothing written on them, but will generally be a slightly different color than the surrounding rocks.
Lover's mark stashesEdit
While Dead Money doesn't contain hollowed-out rocks. It still follows the same principle of marking stashes with graffiti.
- Salida del Sol north– Directions from a known point: Locate the Snow globe - Sierra Madre Casino. Exit that room, head west and around the narrow roof edge, through the poison fog, then across the top of the gate arch to the opposite roof edge, finally turn left and go to the north wall. There the Courier will find a lover's mark and a weapon repair kit.
- Salida del Sol north- Directions, from the apartment exit in the wall, turn right and follow the path until it makes a right turn, instead of following it, turn left and enter the hole in the wall which leads to a shop with a hologram. Exit the shop's other entrance and turn right until you reach a wall that says 'Where Are We'. Turn to the right and follow the stairs, passing the courtyard, then follow the archway and keep the to the right so you enter another courtyard. The lover's mark is diametrically opposite of where you enter the courtyard behind a pillar.
- Puesta del Sol north - Directions, at the entrance from the Villa head west through the archway then immediately turn left and look behind the pillar near the tree stump.
- Puesta del Sol south- Directions, Exit the south gate from Puesta del Sol north into Puesta del Sol south, then immediately turn right. Behind the 5th pillar the Courier will find another Lover's mark and food items. Note: Across the courtyard due southeast is a poison cloud. Run through it, down a short hall, then trough the broken wall and up flights of stairs to the roof where Dean Domino 's Strike Up the Band quest is set.
- Puesta del Sol switching station- Directions from the switching station's entrance, walk east and turn around as soon as the player's character enter the first room. A lover's mark is on the power control box that is mounted on the right hand wall as the Courier faces back west to the entrance.
- Medical District- Directions, exit the clinic's back door, go straight across the courtyard to the opposite wall, turn back to the west, facing the door you just exited. Immediately to the Courier's left will be a lover's mark and a medical supply stash.
- Medical District - Directions, exit the clinic's back door, head north-west through the gift shop and up the stairs then out onto the roof through a hole in the wall, head straight across from the hole, then look down at the ledge directly above the archway on the opposite side. The lover's mark is on the left wall. Either jump up to the ledge on the left and drop down from there or jump across from the ledge to the right.
- Residential District - Directions, at the entrance from the Villa turn left and look behind the pillar.
- Residential District - Directions, go up the stairs directly across from the entrance from the Villa, go through the house on your right, then head up the stairs you see as soon as you exit. Once inside the house look for an oven to the left. The lover's mark is on the left side of the oven itself along with a first aid box beside it.
- Residential District - Directions, from the chairs where you originally meet Dean, head downstairs and exit through the south door, then head to the south wall directly opposite. The lover's mark is on the pillar in the south west corner.
- Villa, east side - Directions, facing the doors to Salida del Sol, turn north west and walk under the arches, at the back wall the Courier will find another Lover's mark and food items.
- Villa, east side - Directions, having the doors to Salida del Sol behind you, look up to the left and you'll see a the lover's mark up on a wall connecting two buildings. You can jump up and grab a box on a plank between the two roofs.
- Villa, west side - Directions, from the Villa's east side hologram control terminal 01 go south east, up the stairs and follow the left wall. Under the first arch the Courier find a Lover's mark and a metal box that contains a sensor module and 4 or more Sierra Madre chips.