Help guard a secret transaction taking place in the desert
It is a good day to trade
When you talk to Mason for the details, you can either choose to go now, or wait. But don't wait too long or you'll miss the opportunity. When you accept to go with them you'll be sent to an outside location where five of Salvatore's guards and two Enclave soldiers are making the deal. During the transaction it is obvious that the Salvatores are scared of the Enclave. Move around and you're liable to be attacked, so just wait patiently until the other guards leave, and follow them. Do not approach the Enclave soldiers or try to talk to them.
If you don't screw up, the transaction will go off without a hitch, and you'll be able to return and talk to Mr. Salvatore. You get 1000 XP for completing the mission. If he asks you to become a Made Man of the Salvatores, and you accept, you get an additional 1000 XP. When you talk to Mason after the quest, he hands you an armload of items, one item is a Wattz 1000 laser pistol.
Being a made man gives you respect from others, but also makes you unable to go into the other family hideouts (without a fight to the death, that is). However, rejecting Salvatore's offer causes his guards to attack you. So either conclude your business with the other families, or be prepared for a fight when you return and murder Mr. Salvatore through the stealthy options before tackling his men.
Before you go on the mission, if you've been respectful to Salvatore during the previous quests and have learned about the lightbringers from Jules or Father Tully, you can request a laser pistol from him. Mason will give it to you, and if you ask he'll teach you to use it, improving your Energy Weapons skill by 5%.
- There are some circumstances which turn Mason hostile if he waits at all. It is unknown whether this is a glitch or if it is the result of certain dialogue choices. In either event, the safest option is to simply ensure you are prepared before talking to him about the details of the assignment.
- If you give an unloaded gun to the children in front of the Wright Estate you will have a chance to witness the transaction without taking the quest, rewarding only 1500 XP (500 XP less).
- However, if the Chosen One does that and accepts this quest, there is no solution - some of the guards will be hostile and so will Mason when the Chosen One speaks the next time they meet him.
- Giving a gun is not necessary as the Chosen One does not need to have any guns to go to the transaction.
- It was originally possible to inspect the Vertibird the Enclave soldiers landed in. This'd give the chance to slip inside, and be transported to Navarro to be attacked or taken to the Commander (and then attacked).