The Wiki Progress Bar is a tool for founders and admins that leads them through the first days and weeks of creating a wiki. There are specific tasks that give users the steps they need to get their wiki off the ground. When all 30 tasks are completed, the percentage indicator moves to 100%.
How it works
- Anyone on the wiki can complete a task - it doesn't necessarily have to be the founder or an admin.
- Once tasks are done the task goes grey.
- As each task is completed the progress wheel moves up; 3%, 5%, 15%, etc.
- Tasks can be skipped.
- If tasks are skipped, they then move into the skipped tasks area.
- If the founder or an admin feels like certain tasks are not appropriate for their wiki, they can skip them permanently. These will go into skipped tasks.
- Bonus tasks opens only when skipped tasks remain.
- Bonus tasks can be completed in lieu of skipped tasks & the progress wheel will still move to 100%.
- Once at 100% a congratulation message/flag goes live, and anyone with access to the dashboard sees it.
Things to keep in mind
- The congratulation message is collapsible, but the percentage indicator can never be dismissed.
- Tasks are not editable.
- The feature cannot be removed from any wiki by a local admin, but any admin can request to Wikia Staff that the feature be removed from a specific wiki.
- This feature has been enabled on all wikis created on and after 20 July 2011, as well as wikis created before 20 July 2011 with less than 250 edits.
- Learn how to navigate the Admin Dashboard
- Learn how to track your wiki's pageviews and statistics with Quick Stats
- Learn all about becoming an admin with Admin FAQ