Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Mesquite Mountains crater
The area has been charred by the bombs and the pools of water are quite irradiated. The Mesquite Mountains crater is a natural attraction to ghouls. At any given time, there are several feral ghouls, feral ghoul roamers, or feral ghoul reavers (depending on level) roaming the area. The motel itself has two feral ghoul reavers outside which are not level-dependent.
The motel is a two-story shack containing the late Dr. Rotson's lab, a kitchen on the first floor, and his sleeping quarters on the second.
Despite the widespread radiation outside near the irradiated lake, Hell's Motel is radiation-free inside. Upon entering, the body of Dr. Rotson will be found lying in a pool of blood, along with a crazed Mister Handy, which may have killed him. It appears as though he was making moonshine. If you look in the kitchen, the device in the rear right corner appears to be a still, with a moonshine bottle laying around.
- One Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on the table in the kitchen to your right as you enter.
- D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine on the small shelf to the right as you enter Hell's Motel. It is next to the radio and the globe.
- One irradiated water on Dr. Rotson's body.
- One irr. crunchy mutfruit inside Hell's Motel.
- The refrigerator located inside Hell's Motel contains up to 5 random irradiated food items, many of which cannot be found outside Camp Searchlight.
The Mesquite Mountains crater appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.