While healing powder is abundant in the wasteland, only the tribals know the secrets of making use of the healing powder to help make the recovery of grievous wounds quicker. By mixing cave fungus and Nevada agave fruit with the powder, a healing ointment is made, allowing for quick recovery. However, the pain of recovery makes movement difficult temporarily, reducing Agility by a bit.
The healing poultice not only restores a decent amount of health, but, along with hydra and the weapon binding ritual, it heals crippled limbs during a fight. Hydra heals 600 points of limb injury, the healing poultice 250 and the weapon binding ritual 150. In Hardcore mode, where a stimpak can't be used to heal these injuries, it can keep you fighting at full force in the battle and save you a trip to a doctor to be healed afterwards.
This item can be crafted by the player. NOTE: It is important not to craft healing powder, or it won't be possible to craft a healing poultice, as they share two of the same ingredients.
cave fungus (1)
Xander root (1)
Broc flower (1)
Honest Hearts add-on
Healing poultice (1)
- Daniel sells 3 at a time.
- White Legs carry them as random loot.
- Often inside a sack in many locations, e.g. White Bird's cave.
- Healing poultices can be a good alternative to a doctor's bag, or even hydra, with their easy to make recipe.
- With a high Survival skill, healing poultices can exceed the healing capabilities of stimpaks. This is balanced, however, by its use of more ingredients than stimpaks.