| ||For armor from Old World Blues, see Hazmat suit (Old World Blues).|
The suit provides 1,000 radiation protection, higher than any other item in the game with the exception of a full suit of power armor. While wearing the suit, the Sole Survivor will be virtually immune to all default radiation. However, it takes up every armor slot and provides no protection from ballistic or energy damage, so it is best used for exploration purposes in low-threat environments with high background radiation. The suit also protects against weapons that cause radiation damage such as the gamma gun.
The damaged suit has metal strips patching up the suit's helmet.
- 4 suits can be found on chem lab workers in Marowski's chem lab above Four Leaf fishpacking plant.
- 2 hazmat suits can be stolen from the Triggermen at the end of the quest The Big Dig.
- 2 in the reactor level of the Mass Fusion building: one in the locker room, and one on top of a safe in a small office next to the decontamination airlock.
- 2 suits can be found on a table in the room before the prototype in the Switchboard (aka Slocum Joe's basement) during the quest Tradecraft.
- 1 in the Cambridge polymer labs, sitting on a shelf in section C4.
- Sold by Becky Fallon in Diamond City.
- 1 at Hugo's Hole, near Dunwich Borers.
- 1 suit can be found in the backyard bunker in West Everett Estates. It can be found immediately upon entry, sitting on a shelf on the right.
- 1 in a locker in the silo room of the Yangtze.
- Nuka-World (add-on) 1 in a broken display case on the second floor of Starport Nuka.
Damaged hazmat suitEdit
- 1 damaged variant can be found on the reactor level of the Mass Fusion building in the open drawer of a blue console, which is directly in front of the windows to the decontamination airlock.
- Far Harbor (add-on) Two damaged variants can be found in a bunker on Cranberry Island as part of the unmarked quest.
- It protects against the toxic gas in the decontamination area of HalluciGen, Inc.
- Although a full suit of power armor yields a higher radiation resistance, wearing a hazmat suit reduces more radiation damage than any power armor, even ones with lead plating.[verified]
- Independent of location or time, the visor of the hazmat suit will have a reflection of an unknown location in Boston during daytime inside of any trader menu. This is most notable at Becky Fallon's in Diamond City.
- It does not extend the time the wearer can swim underwater before having to surface for air.
Behind the scenesEdit
The color and design of the hazmat suit closely resembles the spacesuits used by the Soviet Union during the Cold War.