Yeah, because you would have just whined about it. If you aren't getting your hands dirty, you aren't making a difference. Welcome to the world. Irritated that the player is being a wimp about things. What's important is that the kid is here now, and we can move on to the last part of the plan. That's just a simple matter of letting the Trogs overrun Haven and take care of the bosses for us.”
When Ashur first came to The Pitt he established Haven as his main headquarters.
Haven Entrance is the ground floor of the building, guarded by 3 Pitt raiders. The section has three levels with the higher ones being reachable via staircases to the east and the west of the building. A lift opposite the main entrance connects to Haven itself. The higher levels mostly contain beds for the guards and partial galleries overlooking the main hall on the ground floor.
This section of the building is home to Ashur and his family. A corridor with a small room to the left leads to the central room which Ashur uses for meetings and audiences, secured by two ceiling-mounted automated turrets. From there, corridors lead to Ashur's living quarters on one side and Sandra's laboratory on the other. Ashur's room contains a safe with several holotapes addressed to his daughter Marie (taking them will act as stealing, thus your Karma will take a hit) and a terminal through which the turrets in the main room can be controlled. Sandra's laboratory contains various scientific equipment, Marie's creche and a terminal which holds information about her research.
- Ashur's diary - a set of four holotapes that can be found in the safe in Ashur's room on the top level, however, they must be stolen.
- Ashur's power armor - worn by Ashur, and can be acquired by killing him or reverse-pickpocketing
- A full-condition 10mm Pistol can be obtained for free in Ashur's room.
- If you side with Wernher during the Free Labor quest and steal the cure, once you leave the uptown area the building will become inaccessible for the remainder of the game. If you wish to take Ashur's notes to his daughter, be sure to do this before leaving the building.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Although it is not in the correct location, Haven is based on a real Pittsburgh building called the Cathedral of Learning. The actual Cathedral of Learning is in Oakland, a neighborhood of Pittsburgh outside its main downtown area.
- The wooden statue outside of Haven is based on the ancient druid Wicker man and even has a burned corpse inside.