Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This small area comes with several pre-existing defenses, such as a guard tower, and can be built vertically to access additional areas for constructing new defenses. It is good at limiting areas of attack as it is only accessible from three directions (if one unchains the door up the ladder) and is close to Diamond City, with easy to build on flat surfaces.
This settlement will need a power source and a recruitment radio beacon if it is to be expanded. One could also move settlers from other locations to help it grow or it can be used as a personal space.
With the installation of the Wasteland Workshop add-on, this settlement can now produce large quantities of crops and purified water, utilizing the new crop planters and water purifier respectively.
Unlike most settlements, it has a very limited build height, which prevents the Sole Survivor from adding any structure vertically past the buildings that surround the alley. However, if done right, most of the vertical space can be used to compensate for the lack of overall space near the ground.
- Both of the doors of the alley will be Novice locked while it is under raider control.
- If the player character has not yet claimed this settlement for the Minutemen, P.A.M. may designate it as the new location for Mercer Safehouse.
- The decorative corpses cannot be removed except by console command.
- This location is very non-intuitive to design a defense for, as enemies will spawn within the building area as opposed to on its edge like all other settlements, even if all entrances are blocked.
- The area immediately south of Hangman's Alley is a frequent battleground between super mutants and Diamond City Security patrols. Both sides will respawn every few days. As a result, constant gunfire off in the distance will often greet the player character when they fast travel to this location.
- The houses to the northwest are a spawn point for random encounters.
Hangman's Alley only appears in Fallout 4.
- pc xboxone During the quest Taking Point: Hangman's Alley, a radio beacon and power generator can be constructed outside of the accessible area. The generator will still count towards your total power, but you will not be able to connect wires to it. If this happens, one would either have to build a second generator, or use the tcl console command to disable clipping to exit the map and access them.[verified]
- pc xboxone During attacks on this settlement it is possible for attackers to spawn inside of the buildings surrounding the settlement. If this happens you cannot execute the last attacker, and will be forced to fail the quest. This will still cause death or destruction to the settlement, regardless of defenses or blockades. Nonetheless, if game difficulty is not set to Survival, this can be easily fixed with the help of the tcl command. Just activate it, go through the wall, and kill the remaining attacker.[verified]
- pc ps4 Raiders can spawn in the tunnel, which can cause the settlers to bug out and start walking towards a wall with their gun out.[verified]
- pc ps4 xboxone NPCs may not walk anywhere in the overall area of the section nearest the northern/riverside and eastern entrances, whether they've been assigned to a row of crops, a bed, a guard post, or a store (the cut-off point appears to be the default position of the guard tower. Considering the shape of Hangman's Alley to be an "L," this space would be the short part). If assigned to something within that space they will simply remain idle in the "main square" of the alley near the un-scrapable shack and cooking station. Therefore, it is best to use this space for the player's own use, such as for weapon and armor workbenches, and objects that do not require NPC assignment such as water pumps.[verified]
- pc ps4 Placing the fast travel mat does not change the settlement's fast travel point. You will still arrive by the east entrance regardless of where you place the mat within the Settlement.[verified]
- pc The raiders that are killed to capture the settlement often respawn when the cell is reset.[verification overdue]