Hold on there... don't take another step. No telling how far down that goes.”— Paulson, warning the Lone Wanderer about the hangar bay leading into space.
The hangar is the part of the ship where smaller spacecraft enter and exit Mothership Zeta. Upon entering, you will notice a pylon energy field holding the remains of Recon craft Theta. Within the hangar is one of the generators that must be destroyed as part of the Among the Stars quest. If you requested his help, Paulson will follow you into this area. Once you get to the control center and activate a button, an alarm will go off alerting the aliens to your presence. Thus begins a battle using the gravity beams that hold up Recon craft Theta. The upper level of the hangar includes a console with five buttons; each button causes a pair of the beams to emit bursts of energy that send the aliens and their drones flying.
- This is one of many areas of the ship that will not be accessible after the player has completed This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough.
- Due to the sheer number of enemies in one area, most of the bodies will have disappeared after the main battle. This makes it almost impossible to loot all of the bodies before they disappear. If you want more loot, let some enemies through to the room where you are and kill and loot them there.
- If you are standing next to one of the pylons as the Recon craft comes in (and it hits the pylon), a burst of energy will send your character flying.
- In the generator room at the 'end' of the area there is an inactive teleporter, if you look through this teleporter, you may actually get a 'Search alien' prompt and be able to loot this seemingly nonexistent body. On some playthroughs, if you turn on your Pip-Boy light you will see gore of an alien body. [platforms tag needed] [verification needed]
- When you go through the door that takes you to the control room, sometimes you can't walk through the door, as if the shield was still there. [platforms tag needed] [verification needed]