| ||For the pre-War company, see HalluciGen, Inc. (company).|
When the Sole Survivor first encounters the facility, there has been a chemical leak and all the NPCs are attacking one another. Towards the end there is a decontamination chamber that cures radiation poisoning.
The layout of the building can lead to some confusion due to the amount of collapsed floors. It would appear that the reception area after entering the main front door opens onto the second floor.
To access the third floor, the player character may need to walk into a wall painting blocking the doorway to the staircase leading to it to nudge it out of the way. Further, two inactive protectrons may block the way into the first room on the third floor requiring their destruction.
At some point, one can ascend into a corridor with several doors, which are opened by buttons. There are Gunners fighting behind each of them. Instead of opening the doors and simply killing them, a jump to the balcony with a staircase will lead upstairs where there's a room which will greet the player character with an announcement and invite them to test some "products." Pressing the various buttons in this room will emit poisonous gases to the rooms downstairs, where the Gunners are. A terminal in this room reveals that the rooms below were actually used to demonstrate the products to VIPs, after which the rooms should be 'cleared of test subjects, blood, fluids'.
- Two Help wanted! notes - On the entrance reception desk.
- Five drugged water in the entrance room: one on the small table immediately to the right after entering the building from the main entrance; four more behind the reception desk.
- Day Tripper In the toilet bowl after passing through locker/shower room.
- Tesla Science Magazine issue #7 - Entrance level, northeast corner of the building, after ascending via a collapsed section of roofing. This is the room with the research terminal controlling a HalluciGen Suppressor prototype device.
- Note from Eric - On a desk beside the accounting terminal on the second level.
- Two drugged water cartons in a testing room with two Gunners locked in.
- HalluciGen master password - Can be obtained from the mainframe access terminal, gives access to the lab access terminal, decontamination terminal, research terminal and the CEO's terminal.
- Nine HalluciGen gas canisters - All located in the same room as the Gunner commander. One unit is needed for the miscellaneous quest Hazardous Material given by Fred Allen in Goodneighbor, and some people report that it does not spawn until his quest is initiated. This room is reachable from the interior by a terminal with an expert lock. Alternatively, the room can be accessed directly from the Commonwealth through a back door, north of the building, with a master lock, bypassing most combat and chemical exposure.
- 14 ruptured HalluciGen gas canisters - All located in the same room as the Gunner commander.
- Stealth Boy - In an open safe in the same room as the Gunner commander.
- HalluciGen mission brief and Gunner's note - On the Gunner commander.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - In the same room as the Gunner commander.
- HalluciGen key - In a steamer trunk near the north exit to Esplanade, another copy is on the Gunner commander.
- A non-hostile female Gunner is in a locked room, as one makes their way through the building from the main entrance. She asks the player character to look through the window of her room, where they are able to talk to her. The chemical leak has almost driven her mad, and she tells the player character she can't remember anything. If they convince or threaten her to open the door, she will run to the entrance, screaming that she has to get out. She will then leave the building.
- The special grenade, HalluciGen gas grenade, can only be made when a HalluciGen gas canister is in the player character's inventory, i.e. it will not appear as a crafting option if the canisters are placed in the workbench or workshop inventory. The canisters are regarded as "junk."
- There are numerous canisters in the broken out spaces near the basement level exit. While crouching, the player character may jump on the control panel in front of the broken panel glass. From here, they can grab the ones out of reach.
- A hazmat suit will protect the player character from the toxic gas in the contamination area. The player will flinch as if taking damage while wearing it, but no health will be lost.
- Power armor and/or a gas mask will NOT protect the player character from the toxic gas in the contamination area.
- The Gunner commander may take and use the Stealth Boy, which can make it a harder fight.
- Once activated, the decontamination equipment remains on indefinitely, and can be used by the player character to purge radiation.
- Companions will still complain about the smell even if they have a gas mask on (with the exception of robotic companions, such as Codsworth).
- This area is visited during the Vault-Tec Workshop add-on quests to obtain a chemical formula needed for the experiments.
- A non-hostile Gunner conscript is on the bottom floor, forward and to the left as one comes down the stairs. He appears to be injured, as he is holding his side and sitting against a wall. He also appears to be hallucinating from the chemical leak.
HalluciGen, Inc. appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The effects of the gas seen in the game are similar to those of the real life 3-quinuclidinyl benzilate gas, tested by the US military.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|