Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Good to see y'all alive, friend.”
Haley is one of the locals around Point Lookout. He is the store manager and owner of Haley's Hardware in the year 2277. With the inclusion of the Point Lookout add-on, he is the only regularly accessible merchant capable of fully repairing vendor-repair-only items such as the T-51b power armor and the shady hat.
Haley wasn't born with the "look" of the swampfolk, but he's tolerated because he's been here as long as he can remember, which is since he woke up inside his hardware store with a terrible headache.
He changed his name to Haley after the shop and began trading. His customers kept coming in, so he decided to make trading his career. He often does business with the swampfolk and smugglers, who supply him with an ample amount of ammunition, food, and weapons.
Haley sits in his shop all day selling goods to anyone that comes by.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
*Only when using the glitch eventually his repair hits 100%.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Roving trader hat
|Knife (50% chance spawning)
.32 hunting rifle
|-||Haley's inventory key|
- When asked about himself, he uses the word "mercs" in his audio but the written dialogue says "smuggler" instead.
- This appears also in the German version of the game, where he says "Söldner" (mercenaries) in his audio, while the written dialogue says "Schmuggler" (smugglers).
- "Sure as a swamp folk's head is squishy."
- "Good to see y'all alive, friend."
- "I ain't met the gun I couldn't fix."
- pc ps3 xbox360 With every successive "visit" to Haley's Hardware, Haley's Repair skill increases by 5 points (3%) up to the maximum 100 points allowing vendor-repair-only items to be fully repaired. The increases in skill are permanent and are an inevitable consequence of frequent visits to his shop throughout the game. It requires that the shop be re-loaded by the player's system. This is achieved by walking far enough away to load a new cell, and then walking back and re-entering the shop; the end of the dock to the south is far enough away. An alternative, faster way of increasing his skill is to walk outside, open the Nuka-Cola machine, then walk back in. Opening the trashcan near the door won't work. Another quick way to make his repair skill rise is to enter his shop, go outside, Quicksave and Quickload, and then enter his shop again. Repeat until his repair skill is 100%. [verified]
- xbox360 His skill increases may not be permanent on some playthroughs, once he repairs an item or another unknown criteria is met, his skill will revert to 16 until the process of raising it is repeated. Furthermore waiting outside on the porch (if you are encumbered) for a total of three days will increase his skill without the need to leave the cell his shop is located in. For this reason you should repair in bulk to avoid a long build-up process to repair another item. [verified]
- xbox360 Haley's shop inventory updates only every four days and only in the morning around 8am (waiting a week or more without entering around 8am will not cause the shop to update). It will also not update unless you wait outside for those four days without entering his shop. [verified]
- ps3 Haley's inventory may or may not restock within a few months of game time (not counting the trip there on the boat). [verified]