| ||For the Fallout: New Vegas armor, see NCR Ranger combat armor.|
|The following is based on Van Buren and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
HERMES armor, developed by a division of Poseidon Energy working in conjunction with the Department of Defense, was intended to be the next generation of combat armor used by elite light infantry troops. In theory, it was to offer all of the protection of power armor without the cumbersome weight or strength enhancements.
Hermes in the Greek mythology is the messenger of the Gods of Olympus who always traveled fast and light, hence the reference on the armor's name.
HERMES Armor never moved out of the prototype phase because members of the Enclave, tried to keep its development secret.
- Item type: advanced armor
- Item complement: HERMES helmet
- Item requirements:
- 180 mechanics
- 110 science
- 5 pieces of advanced polycarbon
- 14 pieces of boron carbide
- 20 pieces of advanced polythylene
- 124 hours (5 days, 4 hours).
Behind the scenesEdit
- The NCR Ranger combat armor in Fallout: New Vegas is depicted in official artwork as having 'H3RM35' stamped onto the radio receiver built into the helmet.
- Hermes was the Greek god of commerce, thieves, travelers, sports, athletes, border crossings, fish, etc., as well as the messenger of the gods. In addition, he was the guide for souls to the Underworld.
- The Combat armor, reinforced and its matching helmet in Fallout: New Vegas bear great resemblence to the Hermes combat armor.