While using a pistol (or similar one-handed weapon), your accuracy in V.A.T.S. is significantly increased.”— Fallout 3 in-game description
Fallout 3 and Fallout: New VegasEdit
While using a pistol (or similar one-handed weapon), your chance to hit in V.A.T.S. is increased by 25%. As with all perks that increase your chance to hit in V.A.T.S., this bonus is multiplicative, not additive.
Affected weapons in Fallout 3Edit
Affected weapons in Fallout: New VegasEdit
- A Light Shining in Darkness
- Alien blaster
- 12.7mm pistol
- .44 Magnum revolver
- Mysterious Magnum
- .45 Auto pistol
- .357 Magnum revolver
- 9mm pistol
- 9mm SMG
- Vance's 9mm submachine gun
- 10mm pistol
- 10mm submachine gun
- Hunting revolver
- Laser pistol
- Pew Pew
- Pulse gun
- Plasma pistol
- Plasma Defender
- That Gun
- Recharger pistol
- Ranger Sequoia
- Silenced .22 pistol
Channel the spirit of the old west! Non-automatic pistols do 20% more damage.”— Rank 1 description
|1||AGI 1||Channel the spirit of the old west! Non-automatic pistols do 20% more damage.||0004a09f|
|2||AGI 1, LVL 7||Non-automatic pistols now do 40% more damage and have increased range.||0004a0a9|
|3||AGI 1, LVL 15||Non-automatic pistols now do 60% more damage and range is increased even further.||0004a0aa|
|4||AGI 1, LVL 27||Non-automatic pistols now do 80% more damage and their attacks can disarm opponents.||0006fa1e|
|5||AGI 1, LVL 42||Non-automatic pistols now do double damage. Their attacks have a much better chance to disarm opponents, and may even cripple a limb.||00065e24|
Ranks 2 and 3 each add 25% range, for +50% total. Rank 4 gives a 6% chance to disarm. Rank 5 increases this to an 8% chance to disarm, plus adds an 8% chance to cripple the limb you hit. In addition, if Nuka-World is installed, Gunslinger now becomes a crafting perk, mainly required for certain upgrades to the Western revolver.
Affected weapons in Fallout 4Edit
Asterisk (*) marked weapons may not have a shoulder supported stock installed to benefit from this perk. Having a stock will make these weapons benefit from Rifleman instead.
- This perk only affects one-handed pistols and SMGs in the Small Guns and Energy Weapons category.
- This perk replaces the One Hander trait from previous Fallout games.
- This perk will not counteract the effects of the Fast Shot trait, unless you're in V.A.T.S. mode.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, despite being a one-handed SMG-like weapon and governed by the Guns skill, the H&H Tools nail gun is not affected by this perk.
- In Fallout 4, all automatic pistols are affected by the Commando perk rather than by Gunslinger.
- In Fallout 4, plasma thrower with pistol grip is affected by this perk.[verification needed]
- In Fallout 4. the third rank of this perk adds an astonishing amount of range to energy pistols. This causes both the laser and plasma pistols to have a significantly longer effective range than that of their rifle counterparts.
- In Fallout 4, the crippling effect of the final rank affects all weapons.