Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
While using a pistol (or similar one-handed weapon), your accuracy in V.A.T.S. is significantly increased.”— Fallout 3 in-game description
Fallout 3 and Fallout: New VegasEdit
While using a pistol (or similar one-handed weapon), your chance to hit in V.A.T.S. is increased by 25%. As with all perks that increase your chance to hit in V.A.T.S., this bonus is multiplicative, not additive.
Affected weapons in Fallout 3Edit
Affected weapons in Fallout: New VegasEdit
- A Light Shining in Darkness
- Alien blaster
- 12.7mm pistol
- .44 magnum revolver
- Mysterious Magnum
- .45 Auto pistol
- .357 magnum revolver
- 9mm pistol
- 9mm SMG
- Vance's 9mm submachine gun
- 10mm pistol
- 10mm submachine gun
- Hunting revolver
- Laser pistol
- Pew Pew
- Pulse gun
- Plasma pistol
- Plasma Defender
- That Gun
- Recharger pistol
- Ranger Sequoia
- Silenced .22 pistol
Channel the spirit of the old west! Non-automatic pistols do 20% more damage.”— Rank 1 description
|1||AGI 1||Channel the spirit of the old west! Non-automatic pistols do 20% more damage.||0004a09f|
|2||AGI 1, LVL 7||Non-automatic pistols now do 40% more damage and have increased range.||0004a0a9|
|3||AGI 1, LVL 15||Non-automatic pistols now do 60% more damage and range is increased even further.||0004a0aa|
|4||AGI 1, LVL 27||Non-automatic pistols now do 80% more damage and their attacks can disarm opponents.||0006fa1e|
|5||AGI 1, LVL 42||Non-automatic pistols now do double damage. Their attacks have a much better chance to disarm opponents, and may even cripple a limb.||00065e24|
Ranks 2 and 3 each add 25% range, for +50% total. Rank 4 gives a 6% chance to disarm. Rank 5 increases this to an 8% chance to disarm, plus adds an 8% chance to cripple the limb you hit. In addition, if Nuka-World is installed, Gunslinger now becomes a crafting perk, mainly required for certain upgrades to the Western revolver.
Affected weapons in Fallout 4Edit
Asterisk (*) marked weapons may not have a shoulder supported stock installed to benefit from this perk. Having a stock will make these weapons benefit from Rifleman instead.
- This perk only affects one-handed pistols and SMGs in the Small Guns and Energy Weapons category.
- This perk replaces the One Hander trait from previous Fallout games.
- This perk will not counteract the effects of the Fast Shot trait, unless you're in V.A.T.S. mode.
- In Fallout 4, all automatic pistols are affected by the Commando perk rather than by Gunslinger.
- In Fallout 4, plasma thrower with pistol grip is affected by this perk.[verification needed]
- In Fallout 4, the third rank of this perk adds an astonishing amount of range to energy pistols. This causes both the laser and plasma pistols to have a significantly longer effective range than that of their rifle counterparts.
- In Fallout 4, the crippling effect of the final rank affects all weapons.