Paladin Gunny is in charge of training initiates and turning them into hard-nosed Knights and Paladins. He is unhappy with the Elder Lyon's method of taking on volunteers from the wasteland but still performs his duty to the best of his ability.
He can be found in Ring A just outside the lab in the council room, outside in the courtyard training recruits during the daytime, or inside a dormitory in Ring B.
Interactions with the player character
- If permission is granted by Elder Lyons, Gunny can train the Lone Wanderer about how to use power armor.
- He has a low opinion of the Enclave and their tactics and will readily voice these opinions if inquired about them.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Brotherhood power armor||AEP7 laser pistol||Merc outfit (Varies)||Brotherhood of Steel holotag|
- Paladin Gunny was part of the Brotherhood of Steel group that traveled east with Elder Lyons to the Capital Wasteland.
- Gunny has strangely dark stubble that the player cannot have on their character.
Paladin Gunny appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
"Gunny" is a play on the common nickname for United States Marine Corps personnel holding the rank of Gunnery Sergeant.
- Sometimes, after completing the game when talking to him, the subtitles will say, "Nothing to report here," but he will say, "We've got this area locked down." This can also happen to unnamed Brotherhood of Steel members. [platforms tag needed]
- Sometimes Gunny will appear without power armor, wearing a merc charmer outfit instead. [platforms tag needed]