Paladin Gunny is in charge of training initiates and turning them into hard-nosed Knights and Paladins. He is unhappy with Elder Lyons's method of taking on volunteers from the wasteland, but still performs his duty to the best of his abilities.
He was part of the original Brotherhood of Steel group that traveled east with Elder Lyons into the Capital Wasteland.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- If permission is granted by Elder Lyons, Gunny can train the Lone Wanderer to properly use and wear power armor. However, Gunny does not like it as he clearly states, "Yeah, I can train you. But don't ask me to like it. My initiates sweat blood, and you just get a free pass?"
- He has a low opinion of the Enclave and their tactics, and will readily voice these opinions if inquired about them.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Merc adventurer outfit
|AEP7 laser pistol||-||Brotherhood of Steel holotag|
- "I am charged with the duty of turning these maggots into Brothers of Steel. With the threat of the Enclave, they're likely going to be pressed into service before they've taken the oath. So, I've got a lot of work to do."
- "The weapon isn't the problem, Initiate. You just shoot like my goddamn grandmother. Actually, strike that, my Mrs. Gunny was a deadeye."
- "Damn Initiates..."
- "Killing unarmed civilians... Makes me sick. Come over here, try fighting someone who shoots back. Fucking cowards."
Paladin Gunny appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Gunny" is a play on the common nickname for United States Marine Corps personnel holding the rank of Gunnery Sergeant.
pc ps3 Sometimes, when talking to him, the subtitles will say, "Nothing to report here," but he will say, "We've got this area locked down." This can also happen to unnamed Brotherhood of Steel members. This bug appears only if Broken Steel is installed. [verified]