Before the Great War the building was the local broadcasting station, serving the Boston area for Galaxy News Network and Telecoms Communications Inc. In 2287, the mostly intact building has become the headquarters for the Gunners, a large mercenary group operating in the Commonwealth, who are lead by Captain Wes.
There are three ways to enter the building: the front gates let you enter on the first floor, the elevator on the roof lets you reach the basement and the wooden door on the balcony guides you to the second floor. A second elevator connects the basement to the first floor.
The front gates are guarded by several gunners on foot and two automated turrets. The roof is accessed by metallic stairs at the western side of the building. The balcony is accessed by going down some stairs once you are on the roof. At higher levels, the gunners guarding the roof can be found to use a Fat Man or a missile launcher, and the guards will be accompanied by two assaultrons.
On the first floor, right near the entrance there is a protectron (Novice terminal) which may help out a bit. An armor workbench can be found on the roof and there is a cooking station on the balcony. Another armor workbench and a weapons workbench can be found in the basement. A chemistry station with supplies is located in the recording room on the first floor.
- Small guns bobblehead - At Captain Wes' desk, in the recording studio.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - In a blue crate on a bench just after the main entrance, next to the elevator.
- Stealth Boy - On a desk in a room just to the left of the GNN recording room door.
- Mini nuke - In the refrigerator in the recording studio, southeast wall.
- Wes' holotape - In the safe behind the desk in the recording studio. Key picked up from Wes.
- Guns and Bullets issue #4 - On a center table in the archive room, south corner of the second floor.
- Fat Man - In an advanced locked utility closet in the south-west corner of the second floor.
- Cruz's holotape and GNN recording room key - On Cruz's body.
- Day Tripper - In a southwest room between two skeletons.
- Ryder's holotape and GNN recording room key - On Ryder's body.
- Stealth Boy - In the big room, darkened northeast corner. It is sitting behind some pipes inside a small wooden box on the floor on top of a wooden pallet next to a blue barrel. Next to a "Use your head" poster and close to a burning barrel in the area near a small office shack with the forklift in front of it.
- Fusion core - On the roof behind the elevator, inside a small shack.
- Kidnapping - A group of Gunners can take up residence in this location after they have kidnapped a settler. The Sole Survivor is required to come here and free the settler.
- The Molecular Level - An optional part of the quest to find a sensor module.
- If you happen to send a provisioner from Egret Tours Marina or Jamaica Plain to the Murkwater construction site, they will come across the plaza's front doors and on higher levels stand no chance against several incoming Fat Man nukes from a Gunner captain high up on the roof, in addition to the other Gunners, so an alternate route is recommended.
- This building, particularly the giant circular room on the ground floor with the globe sculpture, contains an extraordinary amount of general loot -- caps, ammo, junk and technical documents. There are tons of desks and file cabinets along that perimeter. Being that the loot (and enemies) at this location respawn after 2-3 in-game days, Gunners Plaza represents a jackpot of sorts for any players looking to stockpile caps, ammo, crafting components and combat armor.
- If the player clears this location and comes back after a few in-game days, raiders will appear just outside the building.
- In the optional part of The Molecular level to find a sensor module, it labels Gunners Plaza as Telecoms Communication Inc.
The Gunners plaza only appears in Fallout 4.