| || This page is about the location known as Gun Runners that appears in Fallout: New Vegas. For the Gun Runners faction, see Gun Runners.|
For the location knows as Gun Runner's Fortress that appears in Fallout, see Fortress.
This is the New Vegas branch of the Gun Runners, supplying the wasteland with only the finest armaments since 2155.”— Vendortron
Gun Runners is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. It is located just south of Freeside and is run by a trade group called the Gun Runners, who have specialized themselves in the manufacturing and selling of firearms.
Concerning the guards there, there are two guards outside the complex within the fenced in area. They patrol the fenced in area in a clockwise fashion. They like to linger on the platform in the northeast corner of the fenced in area for a bit then continue their patrol.
Entering the Gun Runners complex is trespassing, and causes the guards on the premises (excluding Vendortron) to turn hostile.
The Gun Runners' building is a single story building that consists of a main lobby and a handful of other rooms. From the entrance directly ahead is a workshop on the opposite side of the lobby. Within the workshop is a computer terminal containing the manufacturing specifications, which will be needed by the Crimson Caravan's Alice McLafferty for the quest, You Can Depend on Me. A "living quarters" section of the building is located to the left upon entering the lobby. This portion of the Gun Runner Headquarters is made up of a kitchen, off of which are a bathroom and bedroom.
Within the building is a single Gun Runner guard and three gunsmiths. The guard remains stationary in the kitchen in combat armor, armed with a hunting rifle. Should the Courier enter during the day, they will move from the bedroom to the workshop a few moments after entering the building. They will be sleeping at night.
It should be noted that although all the guards and gunsmiths attack you on sight when around and inside the building, all items found are not owned and thus can be taken without any Karma penalty. Vendortron outside will continue to serve players despite any hostile actions they or the player might have had in the headquarters (although the Vendortron will temporarily refuse to serve the player while the guards are in battle mode).
Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - in the little crate next to the metal table in the lobby.
- Vendortron's inventory changes on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- The Gun Runners appear as the 10 of hearts on the collector's edition card deck.
- Killing anyone on the premises does not give the Courier negative Karma or affect reputation with any faction.
- Killing any or all of the Gun Runners' gunsmiths and guards will not prevent you from purchasing items from Vendortron.
- The weapons seen against the wall in the Vendortron kiosk are just static models, not actual weapons, and cannot be picked up, even by using glitches and console commands.
- After the Courier finishes Honest Hearts, the Gun Runners will start selling .45 Auto pistols, .45 Auto submachine guns, war clubs and fire bombs along with .45 Auto rounds and will always stock all six of the weapon mods for the Honest Hearts weapons.
- There is a poster near the Gun Runners' work space featuring a turtle and a saying from a 1950's advertisement telling children to "Duck and Cover" in the case of an atomic bomb explosion.
- There is a companion dismissal terminal on the outside wall of the box where the Vendortron is located, after patch 184.108.40.2065.
- If the guards respawn after being killed, them turning hostile might also cause Isaac to turn hostile toward the Courier. In order to interact with Isaac, the Courier must wait for the Gun Runners to turn neutral again after some time.
- Weapons at Gun Runners are sold at 98 percent condition.
This Gun Runners location appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- xbox360 ps3 pc The Vendortron in front of the Gun Runners' main gate has a bug in which purchased items are fully repaired after the point-of-sale. This is obviously exploitable, as it allows players to sell old used gear for expected prices, re-buy the same gear at the expected markup, and receive a full (and free) repair in the process. It is important to note that this bug will not reveal itself until after conversation with the Vendortron is fully terminated, after which time the player will discover the item to be fully repaired. After reselling the newly repaired item back to the Vendortron (for a substantial profit), the player may discover that the Vendortron's inventory now contains two copies of the same item: One which is fully repaired, and a second which will have the same repair level as the original item, making it possible to exploit the same piece of gear repeatedly. Note: This bug does not occur reliably - see Talk page for details.[verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc If Vendortron's caps exceed around 30,000 it will not go below this, no matter how much you sell to him. This is not exploitable as everything you sell will not award you the designated value and will simply give the weapons over to Vendortron (this does not always happen and can be easily avoided).[verified]
- pc The store may not update when the gate to the Gun Runners' base is opened.[verified]
- xbox360 ps3 It is possible to be super-bounced into the air in front of the Gun Runners store, after trading inventory with a companion and turning around to face the Vendortron. This leads to the player character dying from the fall, unless the player is able to land on the roof of Vendortron's kiosk, then fall to the ground.[verified]
- xbox360 When you exhaust the Vendortron's caps, save the game and exit to Xbox dashboard. When you play game and load your save, the Vendortron's caps will be replenished.[verified]
- xbox360 If you try to attack Vendortron through the glass of the store and then enter the building, it will then appear in the Gun Runners building, and there is no way to defeat it as it seems to be invincible.[verified]
- xbox360 ps3 The Vendortron sometimes spawns outside of the store.[verified]
- xbox360 ps3 pc If the guards do respawn, they will be hostile. It is unknown why, as they may have been "resurrected" by the game and due to former hostilities, will shoot you on sight.[verified]
- xbox360 The three gunsmiths may not attack you when you are shooting them. Instead, they will continue to work and watch you, as if you are doing nothing wrong.[verified]
- xbox360 If you sell a modded weapon to Vendortron, buying it back will cause all of the weapon's mods to vanish.[verified]
- pc xbox360 ps3 The Gun Runner Guards might never respawn again.[verified]
- xbox360 Sometimes upon visiting the Gun Runners store for the first time at a lower level, the Vendortron's weapon inventory may have all of the guns that are normally available at a later level, bypassing the level requirements for the Vendortron to stock those items.[verified]
- xbox360 Upon fast-traveling, the player might hear a slow ticking kind of noise, and when the Vendortron is spoken to once, he will say "the store is currently closed due to unforeseen circumstances. Please try again later." After visiting a second time, everything goes back to normal.[verified]
- xbox360 pc On very rare occasions, Isaac will oddly disappear even when you're seeing him. He will not reappear no matter how long you wait.[verified]
- xbox360 There are a few energy cells on a workbench in the Gun Runners building. When the player picks one up, the others fall through the bench to the floor, usually becoming unobtainable.[verified]
- xbox360 pc If you go inside the gun runners building, the vendortron unit may come inside the building with you and will attack you, the vendortron unit is invincible and when you go outside it will follow and be outside it's shack (while still being invincible).[verified]
- pc Sometimes when you fast travel to the Gun Runners, a follower will run away to the NCR Sharecropper Farms and reach a fence. After reaching the fence, they will return to the player. (Similar to the Raul Tejada fast travel bug)[verified]
- pc ps3 Standing in front of the kiosk glass you can target the guards in V.A.T.S, the chance is 0%, however, you can throw explosives through the kiosk in V.A.T.S but they will not be able to get past the fence surrounding the complex. [verified]
- pc ps3 Throwing explosives directly in front of Vendortron will hurt (with minimal damage) one of the nearby guards behind the fence, turning them hostile. [verified]