The Gun Nut perk grants acess to more effective gun mods.”— VDSG Catalogue No.9270.
Each of the three ranks of this perk permanently increases the player character's Repair and Small Guns skills by five points.
- Having this perk will grant a dialog option to the Lone Wanderer when starting the Reilly's Rangers quest by talking to Reilly, in which they will mention that they've heard that the Rangers carry "some serious firepower."
- The perk image shows a missile launcher amongst the collection of weapons. The missile launcher is actually a Big Gun, and so it will not get a bonus from this perk but instead would benefit from the Size Matters perk.
In Fallout 4, Gun Nut returns as a feature to enhance projectile weapon modification, and it also enables the player character to build turrets in their settlements.
|1||INT 3||You gain access to base level and Rank 1 gun mods||0004a0da|
|2||INT 3, LVL 13||You gain access to Rank 2 gun mods||0004a0db|
|3||INT 3, LVL 25||You gain access to Rank 3 gun mods||0004a0dc|
|4||INT 3, LVL 39||You gain access to Rank 4 gun mods||0016578e|
- The perk is needed to craft mods from scratch, not for applying or removing mods. You can remove an uncraftable mod for you and apply it freely on the same kind of weapon.
- As of the Automatron DLC release, one point in Gun Nut is now also required to access the full range of craftable automatron components at a robot workbench.
- As of the Contraptions Workshop DLC release, leveling up Gun Nut allows to access the full range of ammunition recipes at a Ammunition plant via a terminal.