Bug Verification Project
Guess Who I Saw Today
Dead nightkin with a chewed Stealth Boy
|Side Quest: Guess Who I Saw Today|
|Go to Jacobstown.|
|Speak with Doctor Henry.|
|Head to Charleston Cave.|
|Retrieve the chewed Stealth Boy.|
|Return to Doctor Henry.|
|Talk to Lily Bowen.|
|Deal with Keene.|
Meet with Lily Bowen, a nightkin standing by the pen outside the front of the lodge, after accepting the quest. You can invite her to come with you, but it's not required (this will only work if you do not have a fellow humanoid companion already).
Exit Jacobstown and circle around to the northwest to locate Charleston Cave, and enter. Continue through the cave, following your compass (generally moving downhill) while dispatching invisible night stalkers; eventually, you'll come across a couple of bighorner bodies and a nightkin body, with Oh, Baby! next to it. Examine the nightkin and take his chewed Stealth Boy and you'll be prompted to return to Doctor Henry back in the Jacobstown lodge.
(The night stalkers will not attack if the player has the 'Animal Friend' perk.)
Talk to the doctor back at Jacobstown. He'll inform you that since the chewed Stealth Boy was a dead-end, using the Mark II Stealth Boy is the only remaining line of research available to him, and Lily is his best experimental subject. Talk to both the doctor and Lily; they both will agree to the experiment. It's a success, but as soon as the doctor is finished, Keene enters the room and demands the Stealth Boy Mk. II specs.
Note: If you talk to Lily while you are away from Jacobstown, she will run back to Jacobstown. If you need her, be mindful of where you have this conversation.
Make sure Doctor Henry actually does the experiment; you should not have to wait more than 30 seconds for him to start.
- If you can pass a Speech check (80), Keene can be spoken down.
- Giving him the specs will cause him to leave peacefully.
- If you don't give him the specs, he and the two other nightkin will attack.
- You can easily draw the three of them outside and let the super mutants help you fight.
- You can also go in the corner (where the wheeled tables are) to prevent the nightkin from attacking you (or delaying them).
- It is possible to use a Stealth Boy and reverse pickpocket C4 plastic explosive onto Keene and his 2 nightkin before speaking with him. This way, if you choose to fight them, you can use a detonator to instantly kill all 3 at once.
- Note: Lily will leave the lodge as Keene is coming into the room, and will therefore not help you with the fight**
- Lily will start firing at you as well**
Speak with Doctor Henry again.
- If you can pass a Science check (90), you can convince Henry to test the Stealth Boys on night stalker brains.
- You can also inform the Doctor the risk is too great, and Lily should not wear it.
- You can also tell him you think Lily should continue to wear the Mark II prototype.
Whichever decision you choose, it will end the quest. It is not confirmed if different decisions have any effect on game-play, though you will always be able to take Lily as a companion. Passing the Science check gives you around 100 more experience than the other two options do. Passing with the science check awards 590 XP.
Regardless of the outcome, the player will NOT be able to acquire the Stealth Boy mark II prototype.
|1||Look for the source of the night stalker stealth mutation.|
|2||(Optional) Ask Lily to help you investigate the night stalker mutations.|
|3||Tell Doctor Henry you've discovered a potential cause for the night stalker mutations.|
|4||Talk to Lily about participating in Doctor Henry's experiment.|
|5||Tell Doctor Henry to proceed with the experiment once Lily is present.|
|6||Wait for Doctor Henry to complete the experiment.|
|7||Speak with Keene and try to defuse the situation.|
|8||Speak with Doctor Henry.|
|9||Decide whether or not Lily should continue to wear the Mark II prototype and inform Doctor Henry.|
- You need to complete this quest to finish For Auld Lang Syne as Doctor Henry won't leave until he can hand his research over to Calamity.
Behind the scenesEdit
"Guess Who I Saw Today" was a soft jazz song written by Murray Grand and performed by Elisse Boyd.
- ps3 xbox360 pc If you manage to get to Doctor Henry before Lily arrives, you can still initiate the test. This will cause Henry to talk to the absent Lily and Henry, allowing the 'tests' to complete. [verification needed]
- ps3 xbox360 Immediately after using the speech option with Keene telling Doctor Henry to do as he says, there will be a black screen crash. this happened on the PS3 and the Xbox 360. [verified]
- xbox360 Sometimes, if you beat Lily to the lodge trying to exit the building again will cause a black screen crash. There is no fix for this at this time aside from exiting the game, erasing all add-on content (including patches) and loading the game with out the add-ons. [verified]
- ps3 If you come back to the lodge whilst the quest "Eureka!" is active, Doctor Henry may not respond to you talking to him, resulting in it being impossible to finish the quest. [verified]
- xbox360 If you go into V.A.T.S. on Lily while she is testing the Stealth Boy MK II and she is invisible she will turn visible but this will not affect the quest. [verified]
- ps3 If you ask Lily to help Doctor Henry while she is waiting in the Presidential Suite of the Lucky 38 without asking her to come with you, she will immediately leave to go speak to Doctor Henry. When you return to Jacobstown Lily will not be present anywhere, but you can stil talk to Doctor Henry to initiate the quest. He will go through the dialogue one sentence at a time, and the only solution to get the quest finished is to leave the building and return to Doctor Henry after each line. (This solution does not seem to work on 360.) [verified]