Great Khan encampment
I was expecting a shipment of chemicals. It's usually in a suitcase dropped off in one of the big machines up here.”— Melissa Lewis
The Great Khan encampment is a location in the Mojave Wasteland. Located south-east of the makeshift Great Khan camp and West of Quarry Junction, it is used to overlook Quarry Junction by the Great Khans.
- Reaching this location by taking Interstate 15 north can be extremely difficult, for deathclaws will usually spawn near it, making it almost impossible for low level characters to make it to the encampment. An alternate route can also be taken north of Goodsprings where a variety of radscorpions can be encountered instead.
- To reach the encampment without going through the deathclaws of Quarry Junction, follow the dirt path directly across from the entrance to Vault 19. On some occasions, many deathclaws may be present on the trail.
- The existence of the camp is foreshadowed through random dialogue with a Quarry worker in Sloan, stating that "I might just be imagining things, but I could've swore the other night I saw some people up on the ridge by the Quarry."
The Great Khan encampment appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- xbox360 pc ps3 There is a metal box that is difficult to reach due to a invisible wall next to the cliff wall, and even if you somehow get around the invisible wall (traveling around the cliff and thus around the wall), the metal box is empty anyway. If you go into third-person and look at the box at an angle it is possible to reach, however stated previously it is empty. If you use fast travel you may be stuck behind this wall, impossible to get out of there.[verified]
- ps3 Sometimes a deathclaw may be next to the makeshift beds and completely ignores the Courier and the Great Khans.[verified]
- pc xbox360 When climbing the nearby rocks, you may fall into them. At that point you must load a previous save, as you can't fast travel or jump in that position.[verified]
- xbox360 pc It is possible that loading a save from this location may cause many of your reputations to disappear from the Pip-Boy list, and making the affected factions hostile. This may have been caused by a faction armor related glitch, or by Quarry Junction.[verified]