Gourd ran Brewer's beer bootlegging, which has the unfortunate problem of a cazador nest built right on top of it.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Strategic Nuclear Moose: Gourd was the brewer of his bootlegged beer, Strategic Nuclear Moose.
|Settler outfit or
wasteland outfit or
Caravaneer outfit, random hat
combat knife or
9mm pistol or
tire iron or
police baton or
baseball bat or
lead pipe or
- Gourd has a health of 0, allowing him to be killed upon taking any form or amount of damage.
- It is possible to kill the cazadores before they kill Gourd. However, if you save him, Gourd does not engage in conversation with the Courier, simply saying "I'll mind my business, you mind yours."
- cut Although they were originally cut from the game, the drunks in Freeside will often ask if anyone has seen Gourd lately.
Gourd appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- xbox360 When saved from death Gourd seems to fall apart when a certain distance (couple of feet away) is met. Gourd's limbs, torso, and head seemingly falling apart into a puddle. When you re-approach Gourd he will stand back up and continue on normally. [verified]
- pc If you try to save Gourd by killing the cazadores and quicksave/quickload in order to take out the enemies one by one, it will probably not work. For some odd reason Gourd will just fall to the ground after each quickload as if he was dead, though you can still target him in V.A.T.S. for a very short time after loading your savegame. [verified]