Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Woah, man...”— Professor Goodfeels, Fallout 4
Found by two men, Jack and Allen, the Mister Handy robot was being reprogrammed to be "free from slavery." Now scouting the area around Sunshine Tidings co-op, Professor Goodfeels can be reprogrammed by the player character to perform various actions. This Mister Handy is in poor condition, its rusty case dented and missing an eye stalk and several panels due to damage Johnny was forced to inflict to prevent the robot from alerting police during its "liberation".
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- The Sole Survivor can re-program Goodfeels by using the terminal inside the main building.
- Jack and Allen have programmed a "Just Be" mode, in which Goodfeels will simply wander the area and say things such as: "Whoa, man," "Groovy," and "Far Out!" After hacking the terminal in the main building, the player character can reprogram Goodfeels to either guard them in the area or "report back for repairs". Choosing this option adds the area Hesters Consumer Robotics to the player character's map. The Sole Survivor does not have to have Goodfeels travel to the area in order to receive the location on the map.
- One can also choose to shut down Goodfeels. Doing so will cause him to simply stop in the area he's in and go dormant.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Flamer fuel||Biometric scanner
Power relay coil
- When set to 'Guard Protocols' via the terminal in the central building, he will then come to the player character and follow them, even outside the settlement. In the terminal the text reads "...identifying resident to guard....Broadcasting resident location" which appears to mean the player character and no way to assign to guard the settlement or specific settler.
- When set to to 'Return to Maintenance' Prof. Goodfeels will travel the scenic route of west and south side areas and end up at Hester's Consumer Robotics.
- He can be killed by the many enemies that patrol the area, leaving the player unable to interact with him.
- He can not be modified with a Robot workbench.
- Once the player takes ownership of Sunshine Tidings co-op, Goodfeels will become permanently disabled via a script that activates as soon as the cell is unloaded.
Professor Goodfeels appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Also when set to 'Guard Protocols' he will continually repeat the word Exterminate (he drops the 't' at the end) as he follows. This is possibly a reference to the Daleks who infamously use the same word in the British TV show Doctor Who.
- 'Professor Goodfeels' name is likely a reference to Max Jacobson.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- pc ps4 When fast traveling away and back he seems to disappear. [verified]
- It appears the only way to ensure he remains at Sunshine Tidings co-op is to either set him to 'Just Be' mode or 'Deactivate' him.
- Despawns when player leaves the area, be it by walking or fast traveling.
- This can be fixed if you are on PC with console. What usually happens is Goodfeels is disabled. You can select him with his refID by opening console with ~ and typing prid 000d5221. Then just type Enable afterword. Using "placeatme" commands will summon him but will not allow you to interact with him using the Terminal on the bench.
- pc Goodfeels may act as a companion following the player abnormally at certain times. Trying to leave on foot will result in him following the player for some distance then seemingly returns, only to suddenly teleport to the Sole Survivor which is unsettling. [verified]