The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
This unique weapon bears the Enraging effect, which cause enemies to frenzy on critical hits.
- Improved automatic barrel
- Gyro compensating lens
- Marksman Stock
- Reflex Sight (May or may not)
- Laser gun, the standard variant.
- Old Faithful, a unique laser pistol that does double damage if the target is at full health. It is sold by Arturo Rodriguez in Diamond City.
- Survivor's Special, a unique laser pistol that deals more damage the lower the player's health is.
- Prototype UP77 "Limitless Potential", a unique laser pistol, can be found in a master Lockpick level safe, in the University Credit Union. It has unlimited ammo capacity and never requires reloading, the magazine size is equal to all fusion cells currently in inventory.
- Righteous Authority, a unique laser rifle, given as a reward for completing the Call to Arms quest. Its critical hits do double damage and the critical meter fills 15% faster.
- Wazer Wifle, a unique laser rifle similar to the Prototype UP77 "Limitless Potential", it is given as a reward for completing three unmarked quests for Shaun after ending the main quest with any faction.
- If Clint is welding the weapon at a weapons workbench, the weapon may not be in his inventory after killing him. Instead, the weapon will have been dropped by Clint when the fight started and will probably be somewhere near the workbench.
- Good Intentions (like other Frenzy modded Legendaries) offers interesting combat options, especially if the character has not invested in the Pacify/Incite/Command abilities in the Charisma tree. With a high Luck stat, one can quickly score the Critical Hits necessary to frenzy the target, or multiple targets. For this reason, though it may be counterintuitive, it is a good idea to keep the damage on Good Intentions low if you are using it for its Frenzy effect, since higher damage variants will possibly kill the target outright on a Critical Hit, and thus waste the Frenzy effect and the ensuing chaos it brings with it.
- The name of the weapon is a reference to the Christian idiom "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions," which means that those who commit wrongdoings often believe they are doing the right thing. This may allude to Clint's decision to betray the Minutemen at the Quincy Massacre.
- Sometimes if the player encounters Billy Peabody and initiates the quest Kid in a Fridge before encountering Clint, Good Intentions will not be in his loot list. He will always spawn a non-legendary laser pistol with random mods. Additionally, if the item is spawned with console commands, it will lack the legendary effect, making it impossible to acquire intact. [verified]
- The gun itself can simply just drop from Clint's body and can be found on the floor around the area where he was killed. There are also bugs where it can fall into the bridge where he is located or into an unretrievable zone, to minimize the chances of this happening try drawing Clint down to some of the buildings or the ground floor.
- However, if spawning the weapon with console commands, one can simply add the effect. Drop the gun, grab it by holding E, and then use GetPlayerGrabbedRef followed by amod 001f6ad4. This will give the gun its Enraging legendary effect.
- ps4 Engaging openly in combat with the Gunners seems to despawn Good Intentions. Waiting until night and stealth killing your way to Clint should fix this as he will draw Good Intentions if engaged directly in combat without being "cautious" prior. [verification overdue]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.