| ||For other articles in the Fallout universe named gold, see Gold (disambiguation).|
The gold bar is a solid bar of gold and holds no use as an item. However, it can be sold for 450 caps or broken down to be used in crafting.
Gold bar (1)
There are eight fixed locations in the base game:
- Four can be found in Bridgeway Trust, inside the bank's vault.
- Three can be found in the root cellar: one under the shelf, one on the ground and one on the safe.
- One can be found in Shem Drowne's grave during The Gilded Grasshopper quest.
- Fringe Cove docks, near a submerged shipwreck filled with mannequins. Two are in a coffin with a mannequin, in a container southwest of
- Gold bars in Fallout 4 have a much lower weight compared to the same item in Dead Money. Additionally, they are worth three times as much per weight.
- A bar of gold is worth 450 caps when whole; once it is scrapped, the combined value of its ten units of gold is only 90 caps.