| ||For other characters named Gloria, see Gloria.|
They're our chief competitors in this region, and many others. That makes them our enemies. While I respect their business acumen, I'm obligated to try to destroy them however I can. That's business, after all.”— Gloria Van Graff, describing her business philosophy as applied to the Gun Runners
The Van Graff family has a long history of weapons dealing in and around the New California Republic. Gloria and her brother Jean-Baptiste Cutting are the local family representatives, with Gloria doing most of the thinking and Jean-Baptiste providing the muscle.
The King called Pacer has a particular relationship with Gloria that, while never mentioned in-depth by Gloria, is reason enough for Pacer to nose around in the business of the Van Graffs. Pacer often harasses Simon during his shift, but an action like that could easily result in an easy and well-disguised political assassination.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Birds of a Feather: Gloria has an opening for a guard to aid Simon in monitoring and controlling the flow of customers. Getting on her good side with little jobs could allow the Courier to delve deeper into Van Graff operations.
- Heartache by the Number: Upon discovering that the Van Graffs are working with Crimson Caravan to force smaller caravans out of business, Cass wants to see Gloria suffer; either through death, or political action from the NCR.
- I Could Make You Care: Veronica's quest is initiated by Gloria's greeting "Welcome to the Silver Rush..." and her line "Please let me know if anything catches your eye" which is the response to the player saying, "I'm just browsing."
- Tend to Your Business: If Hardin is made Elder of the local Brotherhood of Steel chapter, then he'll task the Courier with annihilating the Van Graffs so that the Brotherhood can recover their stockpile of energy weapons.
If the Courier is caught stealing the Gun Runners manufacturing schematics and finishes Heartache by the Number peacefully, then Alice McLafferty and Gloria will be ambushed and killed by Gun Runners seeking revenge.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Merc charmer outfit||Plasma pistol||1x - 8x Drained microfusion cells (75% chance)*
Van Graff key
* See bugs.
- If Cass is not a companion, killing Gloria and returning to Cass will cause her to use dialogue as though she is already a companion, and will start her personal quest, "Heartache by the Number."
- She sells 20 gauge pulse slugs (requires Gun Runners' Arsenal), even though they aren't used by energy weapons. They could still be considered "energy ammo" due to their EMP-effect.
- "They're our chief competitors in this region, and many others. That makes them our enemies. While I respect their business acumen, I'm obligated to try to destroy them however I can. That's business, after all." – Gloria Van Graff, describing her business philosophy as applied to the Gun Runners
- "Jean-Baptiste, could you bring out the volunteer?"
- "Look around, and you'll notice two things. First, we don't lack for security. I'm not worried about anyone breaking in here or stealing our goods. Not that we don't occasionally have attempts, but even those prove useful. Do you know how much target dummies cost? Back to my point, the second thing you'll notice is that we do not sell cheap merchandise. Everything here is second-to-none. People who buy Van Graff goods typically don't care where they have to go to get them."
- "There's a deal that we've been working on for a while now and the buyer would like a sample of our weapons. I need you to run a package out to a discrete location that the client has chosen. Sound good?"
- "Caesar has been making overtures to prominent suppliers for some time now. Usually, they're too scared of him to cross him and just pay or flee. I saw an opportunity and negotiated a deal with the NCR - I help draw some of their enemy's troops into a trap and they agree to buy from me. Normally, those stuck-up bastards wouldn't have anything to do with us, but their situation is precarious, and this chance was too tempting."
Gloria Van Graff appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
pc ps3 xbox360 Gloria drops drained microfusion cells in place of drained small energy cells. This bug is present with every plasma pistol user, as the particular leveled list for equipping a non-player character with a plasma pistol and ammunition (WithAmmoPlasmaPistolLoot, to be precise) calls for microfusion cells in place of energy cells. [verified]