Old Lady Gibson has been running this modest scrapyard for the last few years since the passing of her husband. All she has now are memories, and a collection of hounds that she dotes on.
Gibson scrap yard consists of the yard and Old Lady Gibson's garage. The yard can be entered through the gate, with a number of paths winding around piles of destroyed vehicles and tires. There are a few dumpsters with various miscellaneous items, and owned metal boxes on some shelves on the east side of the yard.
Opposite the gate is Old Lady Gibson's garage, a metal shack housing three unusable mattresses - this is presumably where the numerous dogs belonging to Old Lady Gibson sleep. The garage has two rooms, the first quite small, containing a table and chairs, a fridge, and a broken Nuka-Cola vending machine. The second much larger room is the actual garage, in here there are a number of shelves, a motorcycle, and an owned bed.
- Big Boomer - unique sawed-off shotgun owned by Old Lady Gibson.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap in the room of Old Lady Gibson's garage with a motorcycle, on the bottom shelf on the east wall.
- Come Fly With Me - Old Lady Gibson is the keeper of some stabilizer modules.
- ED-E My Love - Triggers the first message.
- Nothin' But a Hound Dog - Old Lady Gibson's dog, Rey, is a possibility for a new brain for Rex.
- If your reputation is "Hated" or worse with Caesar's Legion, fast traveling here can result in an ambush from a Legionary assassin squad.
- The chair in front of the garage on which Old Lady Gibson can usually be found sitting is actually the missing 'O' from the sign for the REPCONN Test Site. If you move your cursor over it, a prompt will appear labeled Sit in/on REPCONN "O" Chair.
Gibson scrap yard appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Spanish Old Lady Gibson's dog's names translate as follows: "Audaz" means "Audacious," "Basura" means "Trash," "Colmillo" means "Fang," "Fiel" means "Faithful," "Reina" means "Queen," and "Rey" means "King."
- ps3 The Sunset Sarsaparilla cap near the tires may not appear.[verified]
- xbox360 The contents of the outside of Gibson scrap yard may occasionally spawn outside of HELIOS One, Including two mole rats, and all of Old Lady Gibson's dogs. All of these animals will be hostile. This bug is preceded by the noise metal barrels make when moved. It can be fixed by reloading the autosave.[verified]
- ps3 Sometime after discovering the location, if you fast-travel to the location, the nightkin master carrying The Screams of Brahmin holodisk will spawn here, even if killed before. If the player chooses to attack the nightkin master, Old Lady Gibson and her dogs will become hostile to the player.[verified]
- pc xbox360 Inside a dumpster is a fission battery which cannot be interacted with. The other objects in the dumpster behave normally.[verified]