The shack is just west of Gibson Scrap Yard, past the power lines.
A small, destitute shack with a campfire and several empty whiskey bottles surrounding a skeleton on a bed. There are also a few chems scattered around and a finger impaled on a machete driven into the wall next to the skeleton.
- Unique finger near skeleton
- Med-X x7, 2 on the bottom of the wood shelf, 3 on top (one is under a book), and 2 on the metal shelf
Gibson's shack only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc It's possible that, after downloading the notes, you will get into an infinite loop of dialogue with Veronica when you speak to her. It does not give you an option to exit the dialogue. You will be forced to quit and load the most recent save. This bug was found in a game in which Helios One had already been activated, the notes for the vegetation technology had already been found, and the pulse gun had already been discovered.
- pc After fighting a few troublesome Brotherhood Paladins outside the door of the Hidden Valley Bunker, Veronica freezes and will not follow you, after the completion of I Could Make You Care. She will talk to you and listen to commands, but will not follow. The only fix after this happens is to visit Gibson's Shack, go to the terminal, and download the notes. Veronica will then reappear inside of the shack, where you can open dialogue manually with Veronica, and this is where the infinite dialogue loop bug will happen. Unfortunately it's not much of a fix for many people, because if you get to the infinite dialogue, then you can't continue. In addition, if you leave the shack, then she will stay where she is and won't follow you, and there will be no option to even get into the dialogue. You'll have to go back to before the part of I Could Make You Care where she speaks to the elder after you retrieved the notes, and tell her you want her to leave (don't give her the option to stay, and don't allow her to choose for herself), after her speech about wanting to stay or leave because the elder would not listen about the vegetation notes.
- When entering Gibson's Shack, the load screen will freeze (roulette wheel stops spinning) and you will hear a fire crackling. This glitch is caused by the game hitting a snag while trying to load followers into the shack. Commanding Veronica and your other follower to wait outside while you go in should fix this issue for most players. After loading up the shack, exit and have your party members follow again. The area should load just fine.