Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A small, destitute shack with a campfire and several empty whiskey bottles surrounding a skeleton on a bed. There are also a few chems scattered around and a finger impaled on a machete driven into the wall next to the skeleton.
- Unique finger near skeleton.
- Seven Med-X, two on the bottom of the wood shelf, three on top (one is under a book), and two on the metal shelf.
- Two Psychos, behind the wood shelf.
Gibson's shack appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pc It's possible that, after downloading the notes, to get into an infinite loop of dialogue with Veronica when she is spoken to. There is no option to exit the dialogue. The only solution is to quit and load the most recent save. This bug was found in a game in which HELIOS One had already been activated, the notes for the vegetation technology had already been found, and the pulse gun had already been discovered. [verified]
- pc After fighting a few troublesome Brotherhood Paladins outside the door of the Hidden Valley Bunker, Veronica freezes and will not follow after the completion of I Could Make You Care. She will talk and listen to commands, but will not follow. The only fix after this happens is to visit Gibson's Shack, go to the terminal, and download the notes. Veronica will then reappear inside of the shack, where dialogue can be manually opened with her, and this is where the infinite dialogue loop bug will happen. Unfortunately it's not much of a fix because if the infinite dialogue loop appears, the quest can't continue. In addition, if the shack is left, she will stay where she is and won't follow and there will be no option to even get into the dialogue. It will be necessary to go back to before the part of I Could Make You Care where she speaks to the elder after the notes were retrieved, and tell her to leave (don't give her the option to stay, and don't allow her to choose for herself), after her speech about wanting to stay or leave because the elder would not listen about the vegetation notes. [verified]
- xbox360 When entering Gibson's shack, the load screen will freeze (roulette wheel stops spinning) and a fire crackling will be heard. This glitch is caused by the game hitting a snag while trying to load followers into the shack. Commanding Veronica and any other follower to wait outside while going in should fix this issue most of the time. After loading up the shack, you can proceed to download the files from the Comm Computer. Go outside and Veronica will talk to you as she normally would as if she came inside with you. [verified]