Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Enclave has developed vertibird technology, flying machines that allow them to move deeply into surrounding territories. Without similar technology to counter this threat, the Brotherhood would be unable to stop an invasion launched by the Enclave.”— Matt
If the Chosen One goes to the Brotherhood of Steel outpost (located at the south-west of Chinatown), they will meet Matt, the only member in town. If the Chosen One asks him about the Brotherhood of Steel, Matt will speak about their history and a recent meeting with the Enclave, who have developed vertibird technology. The Brotherhood are interested in acquiring the Enclave's Vertibird plans, but have been unsuccessful in obtaining them. Accepting the quest will make Matt give the location of Navarro, an Enclave base hidden within a gas station North-West of San Francisco.
Accessing the baseEdit
Matt will advise you to go there alone to deceive the Poseidon gas station attendant, Chris, into believing you're a new recruit, a decent speech level is helpful, start the conversation with 'Ever heard of the Enclave', if successful, it will produce a series of one line answers which convinces him you are a 'newbie'. Alternatively, if all your NPCs are wearing power armor, Chris will not suspect them. After deceiving Chris, he will give you the password "Sheephead", allowing you to safely enter Navarro (located behind the gas station, crossing the forest). Give the password to the Enclave guard at the entrance. The Chosen One may also simply kill Chris, then go down the ladder in his shack; the people inside will assume he is a member of the Enclave. The Chosen One can tell them he is a new recruit to access the armory, containing a few notable weapons, ammo and a set of Enclave power armor. If you are not wearing power armor, the Enclave members will advise the Chosen One to go to the armory and equip some lest he is reprimanded by the Commander.
Getting the plansEdit
There are three ways to do this:
1. Many Enclave technicians will point the Chosen One to the location of the vertibird plans, including Quincy, a maintenance technician at the north-east hangar with a truck, he will inform you that you need authorization. To get this, go to the vertibird hangar to the west and speak to Raul, he will tell you how busy he is. Then, return to the room by the Sergeant with the two techs and speak to either of them about the vertibird plans. Speak to the sergeant and he will "volunteer" you for guard duty - fortunately, this is in the area you need to be. At this point return to Quincy and inform him that Raul needs the plans, he will then tell you that they are in the locker behind him (the one on the right).
2. Go into sneak mode and search the locker to the right behind Quincy and you will find the plans in there.
3. Enter the base via underground tunnel. Suit up with Power Armor. Go to the ground level using elevator in the middle of the base - you will arrive in the computer room. Talk to the technician in white suit. Tell him you want to see the vertibird plans. He will send you to the maintenance guys. Go to Quincy and say that technician said he had the plans. Quincy will then ask if that was Raul. Reply positively and head to Raul after finished with Quincy. Say to Raul that Quincy wants to see him. Raul will ask Chosen One to guard his vertibirds and head to Quincy for a chat. As soon as he is off, check all the lockers and tables for loot and then run to maintenance bay. Raul will have a conversation with Quincy and in the end the latter will be knocked out cold. Now just take the vertibird plans from the locker. Oh, you can run back to Raul's bay and wait for him there as if you have not left the guard post, but that's not necessary
Return to San Francisco and talk with Matt; he'll congratulate the Chosen One and will make a *copy* of the blue prints and give them back to him. This is convenient, as there are other parties interested in obtaining the plans. Matt will then grant the Chosen One access to all the Brotherhood of Steel bases and their equipment.
- Get the password from Chris: 1500 XP
- Find the Vertibird plans: 3500 XP
- Return the Vertibird plans: 20000 XP, and access to all BoS bases