Book? Oh, that book. Who sent you? I'm not sure if that's the proper side. Don't forget the tissue.”— Derek, a lunatic
|Side Quest: Get book from Derek|
|Complete Collect money from Fred quest.|
|Talk to Becky.|
|Offer to help find the book.|
|Retrieve the book in the Den East Side.|
|Return to Becky and collect your reward.|
|Reward: $80, 300 XP|
Becky asks him to retrieve a book from Derek in the East Side of the Den. Derek himself is located just outside of Mom's Diner, but unfortunately of no help whatsoever. The book in question is "The Lavender Flower" (a romantic novel) and spawns somewhere in the East Side, though the exact location is random.
The four possible locations of the book are:
- Inside the outhouse (toilet) north of The Hole bar, on the floor.
- In the graveyard at the center of the map, near a tree.
- On the ground in the middle of a cluster of trees a little south and west of the car behind Metzger's Slaver's Guild (The trees in question are just north of the '<' shaped wall)
- At the right of a barrel with a rusted car door, south of the graveyard.
After the Chosen One found the book at one of the listed locations, return to Becky and collect the reward.
- 300 XP
- This quest can be difficult because the Chosen One gets no real pointers on where to look for Derek and because of the random spawn locations of the book.
- It's possible to find the book without speaking to Derek and still complete the quest.
- There is a bug, where Derek is nowhere to be found and she wont accept the book, even if you collect it.