Get Gizmo's confession
The bug and tape recorder
I don't know who you are, but I don't take kindly to strangers walking into my office and accusing me of things they know nothing about.”— Gizmo
|Side Quest: Get Gizmo's confession|
|Complete Save Killian's life quest.|
|Speak to Killian.|
|Go to Gizmo's Casino.|
|Plant a bug on Gizmo.||Speak to Gizmo with a tape recorder equipped.|
|Report back to Killian.|
|Reward: 500 XP, an item from Killian's inventory|
|Next quest: Stop Gizmo|
After the Vault Dweller speaks to Killian Darkwater for the first time, a shady gunslinger with a hunting rifle will enter the store saying "Gizmo sends his regards!", then attack Killian. Kill the assassin to earn 400 XP plus the regular XP for killing him.
The player character should proceed to Gizmo's casino. At this point they can:
- Plant the bug on Gizmo, (Steal skill).
- Persuade Gizmo to explain why he wants Killian dead, while the tape recorder is in their inventory.
Regardless of the option chosen, the Vault Dweller must return to Killian to get his reward. The method used does not alter the reward.
- 500 XP.
- An item of merchandise from Darkwaters General Store:
- Killian offers the Stop Gizmo quest.
- If the Vault Dweller gets the tape of Gizmo asking the Vault Dweller to kill Killian, the quest will stay in the player's Pip-Boy 2000.
- Killing Gizmo before taking his confession will result in banishment from Lars out of Junktown permanently.
- If the Vault Dweller has an intelligence of 1, completing this quest becomes nigh-impossible. A minimum of 2 (maximum 4) will require the use of Mentats.
- The quest to stop Gizmo becomes inaccessible if the Vault Dweller refuses to take it when offered.
- If having accepted the quest to kill Killian, the only option is to plant the bug in Gizmo's inventory.
- If you place the tape recorder in any nearby bookcase, you can retrieve it after getting Gizmo's confession, and sell it whenever you wish (worth 80 caps). If you decide to use the tape recorder instead (and put the bug in a bookcase), the bug can be sold afterwards (worth 50 caps).