View as seen from Georgetown West
Georgetown is a Washington, D.C. neighborhood located in the northern part of the city. While it is only accessible via the Metro system, there are numerous metro stations connected to it. The player will most likely discover the area via the tepid sewers, since research for the Wasteland Survival Guide requires the player to enter there.
Emerging from the tepid sewers, to the north are some small shops including Cornucopia Fresh Groceries and Radiation King. It is common to find both Talon Company mercs as well as super mutants in the area. Moving south and to the west the player will encounter the McClellan family townhome, which is just called the Townhome in-game. At the southernmost point of the map there is the La Maison Beauregard building, as well as an access to both the Penn. Ave/Georgetown Metro and metro access to The Mall.
- Lying, Congressional Style in the McClellan family townhome.
- Stealth Boy next to Grognak the Barbarian on the book shelf in a blown up building near the exit of the DCTA tunnel 014-B Potomac overlooking C&O canal.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in the Pulowski Preservation shelter next to Cornucopia Fresh Groceries.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes inside the La Maison Beauregard Lobby. As soon as you enter, turn left through a doorway and it will be on the floor behind the desk.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum on a shelf behind the upstairs bar in La Maison Beauregard.
- Stealth Boy, mini nuke as well as a couple of missiles on a pool table upstairs in La Maison Beauregard.
- A sniper rifle and .308 ammunition next to a dead raider on the second floor of a house in ruins east of the McClellan family townhome (accessible through the backyard area). Beware of the traps in both entrances to the house.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Manual located in Georgetown/The Mall Metro near the last ticket booth closest to the Mall Northwest exit.
- The whole area has an abundance of car wrecks. Being ambushed by super mutants carrying missile launchers can lead to the cars exploding in a chain reaction.
- The pitching baseball machine trap has a different trigger. When trying to disarm it, the trap will tell you that it is activated somewhere else.
- The whole Georgetown area is filled with super mutants and centaurs, turning it into a death trap for low-leveled players.
Georgetown appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
Georgetown is a real neighborhood located in Washington D.C.