Nice dog! But he looks lonely. Don't you think he could use a playmate?”— Gene's initial dialogue if the Sole Survivor's companion is Dogmeat
Gene wanders the Commonwealth to sell dogs he raised himself, albeit begrudgingly, stating that he "feels blue for a week after selling a dog."
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Gene is a character that the Sole Survivor may meet in the Commonwealth as a random encounter. If the Sole Survivor is able to pass a Charisma check of 5 or higher, he will offer the junkyard dog for 250 caps.
- Gene can be encountered multiple times in random encounters, and he will be willing to sell a new dog on each new encounter.
- In front of Collegiate administration building, near the local Red Rocket.
- East of Starlight Drive In, near/under the red train bridge.
- Outside Outpost Zimonja
- In Sanctuary Hills
- At Thicket Excavations
- Near College Square
- Northwest of Forest Grove marsh
- South of ArcJet Systems
- Southwest of County crossing near bridge
- At Sunshine Tidings co-op
- At Tenpines Bluff
- Outside the Museum of Witchcraft
- Outside the Red Rocket truck stop
- Outside Longneck Lukowski's Cannery
- West side of Fairline Hill Estates on the road
- At Oberland station
- At Bedford Station
- At Concord
- Between Somerville Place and Suffolk County charter school, sometimes walking across or through the tracks
- Often spawns outside Abernathy Farm during the day time, near the grave behind the farm. If the grave is to the west, he'll routinely spawn immediately north of the grave, slowly walking eastward.
- Gene's dogs can not be equipped with clothing items like Dogmeat can. However, these dogs can loot dead enemy attackers and auto-equip dog-related gear such as wraparound goggles, bandanas, dog chains, etc., however, their inventories are inaccessible without the use of console commands.
- Gene has unique dialogue if the Sole Survivor is using Dogmeat as a companion.
Gene appears only in Fallout 4.
xboxone ps4 pc If the player character interacts with Gene, he may only respond with "yeah" or some other generic dialogue, and the option to purchase a dog may not be made available. [verified]