The filleted meat of a gecko which is cooked over an open fire. This item is a good choice for lower level characters as it restores a good chunk of health for low-level characters while only adding 1 rad. In Hardcore mode, it lowers Starvation a good amount considering the low Survival skill needed to craft it.
Survival Skill effectEdit
|10||+2 Hit Point for 15s||-90 Starvation|
|20||+2 Hit Point for 15s||-105 Starvation|
|30||+3 Hit Point for 15s||-120 Starvation|
|40||+3 Hit Point for 15s||-135 Starvation|
|50||+4 Hit Point for 15s||-150 Starvation|
|60||+4 Hit Point for 15s||-165 Starvation|
|70||+4 Hit Point for 15s||-180 Starvation|
|80||+5 Hit Point for 15s||-195 Starvation|
|90||+5 Hit Point for 15s||-210 Starvation|
|100||+6 Hit Point for 15s||-225 Starvation|
- Note: Radiation is not affected by Survival skill level.
This item can be crafted by the player.
Gecko meat (1)
Gecko steak (1)
- Some can be found in the Ultra-Luxe kitchen.
- Sold by Samuel Kerr at the 188 trading post.
- Three steaks can be found in the Camp Golf kitchen.
- Two can be found in the Great Khan longhouse kitchen.
- Geckos are typically easy to find, as several are located near the campfires around Goodsprings source. There are also many to be found up in and around the mountains north of Bitter Springs and near the entrance of (and inside) of Vault 34.
- In hardcore mode, consuming this food can help decrease your Hunger up to 225 points at 100 Survival skill. However, provided one can obtain the other ingredients, at high levels of Survival, the Gecko kebab is preferred as it provides two units per crafting, relieves starvation better, and can also relieve dehydration.