The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The origin of the signal is a ham radio inside a cave near the UFO crash site. Inside is a hostile alien with a ham radio and a toolbox. Outside the cave is the alien's crashed UFO, indicating the alien was transmitting a distress signal, noted by the alien's "frantic" speech.
- An alien blaster pistol can be found on the alien inside the cave along with over 300 alien blaster rounds.
The garbled radio beacon starts broadcasting only after the player character reaches level 20.
- [platforms tag needed] The radio beacon may not start broadcasting at all.[verification overdue]
- [platforms tag needed] If you kill the alien prior to extending the satellite, turning off the Ham radio will not make the signal go away from your Pip-Boy. This also happens if you had extended the satellite prior to the crash event.[verification overdue]
- [platforms tag needed] If you turned off the Ham radio before extending the satellite then its signal will not be marked as offline on satellite display but will not be listed on Pip-Boy radio tab.[verification overdue]
- pc ps4 There is a chance the ship wont crash and the radio signal cant be found upon reaching level 20.[verified]
- On PC this can be fixed by entering "prid 00187000; disable" into the console.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.