| || For an overview of Enclave power armor models in the Fallout series of games, see Enclave power armor.|
For an overview of power armor models, see power armor.
Gannon family Tesla armor
Gannon family Tesla helmet (image without the glow effect on the Tesla nodes)
It should protect you from everything short of a Plasma caster.”— Arcade Gannon
The armor looks similar to the Remnants power armor, with the exception of several blue and orange energy capacitors located on the armor's back side and a constant blue electrical effect. Arcade Gannon kept the armor somewhere safe, but will never wear it unless his companion quest leads to him joining the battle for Hoover Dam if you tell him to fight along with the Remnants.
Compared to the Remnants power armor, it has 4 less DT for the entire armor set and gives no Strength bonus, but has +10 bonus to Energy Weapons and +20 Radiation Resistance. Compared to the cut Remnants Tesla armor, it has just 1 more DT. Additionally, the armor weighs 10 pounds less than other Remnants armor, with a total weight of 35.
The Gannon family Tesla armor is classified as medium armor, unlike the Remnants power armor and Remnants Tesla armor which are both classified as heavy. This can be extremely beneficial in conjunction with the Jury Rigging perk, allowing this armor to be repaired with any medium-weight apparel.
|Remnants power armor||28||45||400||6495||Heavy armor|| +1STR|
+15 Radiation Resistance
|Gannon family Tesla armor||26||35||400||8195||Medium armor|| +10 Energy Weapons|
+20 Radiation Resistance
You can obtain this armor by completing For Auld Lang Syne and convincing Arcade to stay with the Remnants for the fight, and also convince the rest to fight for the NCR, then when you are leaving the Remnants bunker and go outside he will show up and will be wearing the Gannon family Tesla armor, at which point you can kill him and loot it off his body, you can also kill him at Hoover Dam and take it off his corpse.
However, if you convince Arcade to go back and stay with the Followers, rather than fight with the Remnants, he will leave for a while, and appear after you leave the Remnants bunker and will give the Gannon family Tesla armor to you. Note, however, that there is an 80 Speech check if you try to convince him to do something that contradicts the answers you gave during For Auld Lang Syne.
- Though the metal parts of the armor are "invisible" while using a Stealth Boy, the electrical diodes and fan on the armor, as well as the light produced by the armor, are still visible.
- This armor is the lightest form of power armor in the game.
- This armor is the most protective piece of medium armor in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The helmet is worth much less when compared to the actual armor itself.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Patch #2. After completing For Auld Lang Syne, the dialogue option never appears to obtain the Gannon family Tesla armor (it is possible to get the dialogue option to work after re-doing the 5 conversations with Arcade and choosing a different answer). It does not matter if you kill Orion Moreno or not. If the player releases Arcade Gannon and tells him to leave, he can no longer be recruited back, and Arcade will possibly be located in the Lucky 38. If you manage to find him, he can be killed and the Gannon family Tesla armor can be looted from his corpse. [verified]
- xbox360 After completing For Auld Lang Syne, Gannon asks the player for advice, but the dialogue option to answer does not come up. Afterward, the player is unable to open his control wheel, simply skipping to the dialogue tree when selected. This issue can be fixed by sending him back to the Followers and recruiting him again, but he still will not discuss his future or give the player his armor. [verified]