Bug Verification Project
Friend of the Night
You are a true friend of the night. Your eyes adapt quickly to low-light conditions indoors and when darkness falls across the post-nuclear wasteland.”— Fallout: New Vegas game files
This perk causes a noticeable increase in brightness at nighttime. The effect is not a gradual one, and its presence can be recognized by a colored tint on the game world reflecting the dominant color of your surroundings (most often light blue when outdoors).
Keep in mind that once taken, the perk will always cause you to see the world differently at night.
- The Nighteye effect given is not as potent as the Cateye chems.
- Friend of the Night appeared in previous Fallout games as Night Vision.
- This perk seems to follow the clock rather than ambient lighting conditions. During daytime hours in a cave you have far less light than inside the same cave at night.
- ps3 The perk cancels out the effects of the varmint rifle night scope.[verified]
- xbox360 Does not seem to work in the Dead Money or Honest Hearts add-ons. [verified]