Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You are a true friend of the night. Your eyes adapt quickly to low-light conditions indoors and when darkness falls across the post-nuclear wasteland.”— In-game description
This perk causes a noticeable increase in brightness at nighttime between the hours of 8:15pm and 5:45am. The effect is not a gradual one, and its presence can be recognized by a colored tint on the game world reflecting the dominant color of your surroundings (most often light blue when outdoors).
Keep in mind that once taken, the perk will always cause you to see the world differently at night.
- The Nighteye effect given is not as potent as the effect of Cateye.
- Friend of the Night appeared in previous Fallout games as Night Vision.
- Contrary to the perk's description, the night vision effect does not apply indoors unless it is between the hours of 8:15pm and 5:45am.
- ps3 The perk cancels out the effects of the varmint rifle night scope.[verified]
- xbox360 Does not seem to work in the Dead Money or Honest Hearts add-ons.[verified]