Frenzy is a condition that can be inflicted upon certain creatures in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Robots, ants, and Enclave-controlled Deathclaws have certain body parts targetable in V.A.T.S., by skilled sharpshooters outside of V.A.T.S., or by explosives. If these parts are crippled, the target will disregard any friend-or-foe relations and attack anything indiscriminately. When frenzied, nearby allies may attack the frenzied creature even before it has a chance to attack them. A message notification will inform if a target has been frenzied.
Creatures that can be frenziedEdit
The following robots can be frenzied by targeting and crippling their Combat inhibitors:
- Mister Handies
- Mister Gutsies
- Cerberus (via dialogue with the Robotics Expert perk).
- Sentry bots
- ED-E Fallout: New Vegas
- Securitrons Fallout: New Vegas
The following insects can be frenzied by targeting and crippling their antennae or brain:
- Giant ants
- Fire ants
- Cazadores Fallout: New Vegas
- Giant mantises Fallout: New Vegas
- The fire ants in the quest Those! will all become frenzied if either the Marigold ant queen dies or if a sonic pulse from the hatchery is activated, breaking their connection with the ant queen.
- Any Enclave-controlled deathclaw can be frenzied by targeting and crippling its metal Enclave transmitter piece.
- A deathclaw mother can be frenzied by having one of the babies killed.
- Killing the Lakelurk king in the Camp Guardian caves will frenzy all the other Lakelurks within the cave.
- Any automated turret can be frenzied by targeting and crippling its targeting chip or lens. If the turret is controllable by a nearby terminal, the terminal will usually contain an option to remove the turret's targeting data. This also effectively frenzies them.
- Cook-Cook will be frenzied if his pet brahmin, Queenie, dies.
- The Mesmetron has a 30% chance to frenzy human targets.
- Dr. Mobius' glove Old World Blues frenzies anyone and anything with a critical hit, regardless if the target is organic or robotic, or if it normally has a frenzy-inducing V.A.T.S. target.