Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Frenzy is a condition that can be inflicted upon certain creatures in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Robots, ants, and Enclave-controlled Deathclaws have certain body parts targetable in V.A.T.S., by skilled sharpshooters outside of V.A.T.S., or by explosives. If these parts are crippled, the target will disregard any friend-or-foe relations and attack anything indiscriminately. When frenzied, nearby allies may attack the frenzied creature even before it has a chance to attack them. A message notification will inform if a target has been frenzied.
Creatures that can be frenziedEdit
The following robots can be frenzied by targeting and crippling their Combat inhibitors:
- Mister Handies
- Mister Gutsies
- Cerberus (via dialogue with the Robotics Expert perk).
- Sentry bots
- ED-E Fallout: New Vegas
- Securitrons Fallout: New Vegas
The following insects can be frenzied by targeting and crippling their antennae or brain:
- Giant ants
- Fire ants
- Cazadores Fallout: New Vegas
- Giant mantises Fallout: New Vegas
- The fire ants in the quest Those! will all become frenzied if either the Marigold ant queen dies or if a sonic pulse from the hatchery is activated, breaking their connection with the ant queen.
- Any Enclave-controlled deathclaw can be frenzied by targeting and crippling its metal Enclave transmitter piece.
- A deathclaw mother can be frenzied by having one of the babies killed.
- Killing the Lakelurk king in the Camp Guardian caves will frenzy all the other Lakelurks within the cave.
- Any automated turret can be frenzied by targeting and crippling its targeting chip or lens. If the turret is controllable by a nearby terminal, the terminal will usually contain an option to remove the turret's targeting data. This also effectively frenzies them.
- Cook-Cook will be frenzied if his pet brahmin, Queenie, dies.
- The Mesmetron has a 30% chance to frenzy human targets.
- Dr. Mobius' glove Old World Blues (add-on) frenzies anyone and anything with a critical hit, regardless if the target is organic or robotic, or if it normally has a frenzy-inducing V.A.T.S. target.