What's your rush? The boys and I here want to get to know you better.”
They are poorly equipped in both apparel and weapons and poorly organized, only working in groups consisting of 2 to 6 people. They are locals that who have gone completely hostile due to abuse of chems. They attempt to mug people for caps.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Flogging a Dead Corpse: When walking through Freeside, a thug may stop you and lead you into an alley. A group of them will then attack you.
- G.I. Blues: Orris will go on a detour while escorting you and you will be ambushed by 4 thugs (who work together with Orris) upon exiting the detour.
Freeside thugs will be hostile or friendly depending on your Reputation with Freeside. Either way, the Freeside thugs have little to no dialogue and interaction. The Freeside thugs respawn, regardless of your interactions with them or how they were killed.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
Raider badlands armor
Roving trader hat
Spiked knuckles Police baton
- If the player is Vilified in Freeside, a thug will approach the player and start a conversation, but realize that it's you and flee. Afterwards, thugs will be neutral and completely idle. If attacked, they (and any other thugs around them) will fight back. If spoken to before attacked, you will be notified that they are fleeing.
- They are affected by the Sneering Imperialist perk.
- Sometimes Freeside Thugs will spawn at New Vegas Strip gate and be fired on by the securitrons.
- The Thugs appearance is completely randomized, these includes armor, weapon, hair, and even skin color.
- It seems their headwear (glasses, hats, etc.) are always in full condition.
- The thugs will be hostile toward the player as long as they have a neutral or positive reputation in Freeside. However, they are usually only armed with melee weapons (though in the rare case that they manage to kill a Kings member, one may loot their body and arm themselves with a pistol), and their protection consists of basic clothing. They are easily dispatched by the player and the Kings, and will often flee during combat.
- Kings will attack Freeside thugs. However, most other NPCs will panic and flee from them, and the securitrons at the gate will usually remain neutral and will not aid the player in combat outside of the gate.
Freeside thugs appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- pcxbox360 The thugs may sometimes spawn with different skin colors, such as having purple skin. [verified]
- xbox360 The thugs may not spawn at all. [verified]