Should one stand next to where Forty usually sits in Paradise Falls, and look at the roof of the building to the east of the slave pen, a worn-out sign can be seen that says "Freddy Fear's House of Scares". None can actually enter the building though, nor can the alleged costumes advertised on the in-game posters or on the loading screen be obtained.
Some notable costumes are:
- "Lady Liberty" a Statue of Liberty costume
- "Red Chinese ", a Chinese soldier costume
- A T-51b power armor costume
- A TV show of a Freddy Fears's costume contest was going to be aired on TV the day the bombs fell.
- A poster advertising it is seen in the Fallout 3 loading screen and various posters. The full size poster can be seen on a wall near a truck in Takoma Park.
Freddy Fears's House of Scares appears in Fallout 3. A poster of it can also be seen in Fallout: New Vegas, inside the Dino Dee-lite front desk, in a second story room at the El Rey Motel, and in a collapsed office building in the Lonesome Road add-on.