The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
By the time the Sole Survivor meets Fred, he states that Angie and him have been traveling for weeks with Jules. They probably created a friendship during that time, which made Jules feel secure to reveal his true identity.
Shocked and angered, Fred holds Jules at gunpoint and threatens to kill him, fearing that the runaway synth would send the Institute after them. Jules is discriminated the whole time and try to convince Fred to free him so he could go to Bunker Hill.
It's up to the Sole Survivor to decide Jules' fate. The player can choose between:
- Kill both Fred and Angie when first talked to.
- Refuse to get involved in the situation, which will make Fred kill Jules right away.
- Try to negotiate with them or ask what is happening will make them reveal their history. After Fred's speech, there are four options:
- Kill the synth.
- (Speech check) Convince them that they will anger the Institute if they kill Jules.
- (Speech check) Threaten Fred and Angie, which will make them hostile.
- (Speech check) Convince them that if Jules wanted to hurt them, he would have done this already. If the persuasion attempt succeeds, Angie will agree with the player and Jules will be freed.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Effects of player's actionsEdit
The Sole Survivor can choose to attack Fred and Angie, or pass a medium check letting Jules flee to safety.
Fred appears only in Fallout 4.